The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Proline vanishing dove cage help! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Caleb Alexander
View Profile
New user
Charleston, SC
1 Post

Profile of Caleb Alexander
Hey everyone. I have owned a Proline cage for about a year now. I've performed with it in a lot of different places so it's been through some "wear and tear". One thing that's happened to it is that like 2 of the bars on the sides of the cage have become bent. Has anyone had this happen to them before? Does anyone have experience with making the bars go back so they look like new? I can probably just bend them back but I just don't want to try to fix it without knowing the proper thing I should do. Thanks guys...
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
If no one responds, I would suggest that you contact the ProLine people.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
I had one of these years ago.. If it is the same design as back then - it happened to me a lot.. So much so that I had to replace the bars quite frequently.. I did this by getting a metal measure in tape, sanding off the paint and using those to replace as needed.. A large measuring tape will get you quite a few bars.. It takes some elbow grease and patience to sand the metal tape.. But it can be done.
Good luck!
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
I own 3 proline cages...my main cage has been around the world...literally THOUSANDS of shows. You have to keep the cage and bars clean. It is not an issue of proline's work it is user error and neglect. Keep that **** polished, clean, and lubed and you won't have any issues.
DANSPERRY.COM
prolineprops
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of prolineprops
The bent bar issue was resolved years ago. Apparently, over time, the bars would wrap tighter around the spindle making them 'longer'. This would cause some bars to bend. Once I isolated the problem, I corrected it and have had no more issues. I also changed the housing making it much easier to replace a bar should that ever be necessary. I do apologize to anyone that had an issue with this.

Cliff Wiggs
www.proline-magic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Note: Just use paint remover to remove the coating on rulers. Then polish, but be careful of creating to much heat while rubbing/polishing. Look up polishing with rouge.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Proline vanishing dove cage help! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL