The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UFC fans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Just about to watch Conor McGregor fight Diego Brandau. McGregor has become a bit of a star here in Ireland, being the first Irishman to fight in the UFC. I was wondering if he has much of a profile in the US, or what UFC fans think about him? He's not shy, a real media darling, which people either love or hate. What do you guys think? Is this fight even on over there?
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I think it's on fight pass or whatever bs marketing site they have. Although, I think this one might be free to watch on there. I use to be a huge ufc fan but feel Dayna white cares way to much about the $$$ rather than his fighters. The comments among other things and disrespect makes it hard to respect him and watch now. Yes, I understand it's a business and he's a business man but that's just my opinion.

As for the actual fight, it's not a big one over here but McGregor is known, just not like most other fighters. If he wins, then things may start to change.
Twitter @darjames
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Well, McGregor won in the first round, just like he said he would
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Sidekick?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea it is a business and without him all those guys would have to get jobs.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
True but without those guys there would be no ufc. GSP pulled in some of Mr Whites biggest income for live and ppv events. So how does Mr white treat him? Decides to have a ufc employ take his belt after his last fight while gsp is in the shower. A cowardly act and real classy on his behalf. I hope bellator keeps growing as they have more respect for what makes them money but hey, the fighters have choices, they don't have to fight or go to the ufc, it's just the way I feel.
Twitter @darjames
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You have no idea what precipitated the act, yet you are willing to judge.

Without those guys, there are THOUSANDS ready to take each spot. Easy to judge when you are not there day to day.

I am not defending anyone. But I know it is business. "Cowardly" does not enter into it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Oh yes it does Smile I can judge if I want to. Who the $*$£ are you to say whether I can "judge" or not. Do you know anything about this sport??? Do you follow it? Sure they're THOUSANDS as you say that are willing to fight but they are not GSP, Silva etc! Those fighters are your bread and butter and pull in you highest numbers, that's what people pay to see the most. Do yourself a faveour and watch some of the post fight interviews with Mr white. Read some of the interviews he's done and talked sh** on some of his best fighters, that's why I feel the way I do and yes, cowardly fits in as I don't see him getting his a** beat!
Twitter @darjames
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Have you ever talked with him?

Do yourself a favor and learn the business end of what goes on before you judge to harshly. You might find that you have been manipulated a little bit.

The sport needs good guys and bad guys to function. It needs rivalries, even if that includes Dana himself. He is playing a roll, and a darn good one. Look at how far he took it with Tito.

Yes it is a business, and it is run like one quite well. The fact that they manipulate you into such strong feelings is evidence of that. No need to be snippy with me. I am not the one manipulating you. Why do you even think he DOES those interviews? It is not about THAT fight, it is about the next fight. I am sorry you don't understand.

Oh and yes I watch the sport. You are just angry that one of your countrymen got dumped on by Dana. I wouldn't be shocked if GSP was in on it. I am not saying he was, I am saying it wouldn't be shocking if he was.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I think you've got it wrong Danny, it's not just GSP and to be honest, I was never a huge fan of him I just respect him as a fighter. As someone who's got experience in the sport, I know how much hard work goes into training/prep and then to get s** on, is just uncalled for. I disagree with GSP being in on it but hey, that's you opinion. However, I do agree with you that some of it is hype, I won't argue that. The whole Tito thing reminded me of the wwe and I thought it was pathetic.(that's when I started feeling the sport was becoming a joke) I guess I'm looking at it from another perspective, the fighters perspective without the nonsense hype which as a true fan, that's the way it should be. This is why I like Bellator, it's about the fighting and not so much about a hot shot who runs his mouth in the media.

I think we might just have to agree to disagree.
Twitter @darjames
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Fighters know what they are getting into. It is what it is.

Bellator is about the hype as well. Bottom line they have to sell stuff. You don't think Rampage is full of hype? Come on.

And by the way NO it is not my opinion that GSP was in on it, just that it wouldn't shock me if he was.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Rampage is known for hyping but Scott Coker is nothing like White, which was the main point of my argument. In other words he doesn't lash out at his employes which again, is the main point of why I feel the way I do towards White.
Twitter @darjames
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UFC fans (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL