The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » I need help on the invisble deck :) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Piglet
View Profile
New user
Edmonton, Canada
81 Posts

Profile of Piglet
Hello everyone! I'm new here, and this is a such a great place! But ya, I'm a newbie magician ( if I can even be called that Smile ) but yes I just purchased a invisble deck, and I am having extreme difficulties trying to seperate the back to back card smoothly. When I do it, it takes time and does not look natural. I mean I have to wedge my finger nails in between them and you can hear the stickiness noise. I have the bicycle brand and ya. Its so slippery.. any help will be much appreciated! Smile cheers!

Oh ya am I suppose to lift the card to separate, or acutally slide it apart with my index and thumb?
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
You should just be able to slide the cards apart. A very light touch should do the trick, if not try seperating all the cards, one at a time, and it will loosen them a bit. After that they should come apart fairly easily.
whodini
View Profile
Regular user
Clearwater, FL
155 Posts

Profile of whodini
And remember piglet.. it takes practice. Try thinking of a card in your head and then going to it and practicing the spread. It definitely takes time and practice to make it look natural. But this is one effect where the practice is definitely worth it. The ID in my opinion is the best gaff on the market

Park
visit me at http://www.whodinimagic.com
Believe in magic!
visit me at www.whodinimagic.com
eryanic
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of eryanic
Practise practise practise! Do not perform it to others unless you're pretty confident and smooth in doing the trick, or else your spectator will sort of have an idea of what you're doing...and if he/she spreads it to other lay people, then soon magicians will not be able to perform this trick to lay people!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I agree that a very light touch, as opposed to applying pressure to the cards, will do the trick. I know it sounds like the opposite of what you should do, but try it.
Black Magic
View Profile
New user
New Orleans, La
87 Posts

Profile of Black Magic
Practice.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Your ID may be treated too much . Just keep on practising and in time its going to be smoother. You just have to break it in some more. Enjoy! You have got one of magics best effects.

rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Sometimes the decks just are not made as well as others. I have purchased ID decks that are smooth working and some that are practically impossible to spread and/ or seperate at the needed point.
Try another deck and see if you still have difficulty.
Piglet
View Profile
New user
Edmonton, Canada
81 Posts

Profile of Piglet
So it could be the cards as well? How can I " break" the cards in? to make the loosen up more?
Jeff Travilla
View Profile
New user
Michigan
45 Posts

Profile of Jeff Travilla
Just take each pair separately, separate the pair, and then rub them back and forth on eachother. This will knock off a little r****ing fluid. Don't knock off too much or they won't stick like they need to. Get them to a point where a light touch will separate them and a little firmer grip will keep them together.

Good luck buddy,
Jeff
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Wierd! I'v never heard about this problem before, rather the other way around: the cards separating to easily, and that is worse though, that kinda blows the trick right away.
But as mentioned above, after practicing, and memorizing the opposite suits you'll wear the deck out and it gets easier to handle smoothly.

So Piglet, when that happens post a new thread and there be a lot of guys here who can give you a tip on how to fix that...

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » I need help on the invisble deck :) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL