The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Linked Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
As I was looking through AoA I noticed a few linking card routines. It looked like there were about three of them in AoA 2 (or was it 3) Does anyone have opinions as to which are the most impressive, easy/difficult, etc...

Also, are there other (non AoA) card links that I should be aware of?
What is the color of magic?
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
I think Immaculate Connection is the best. Bill Goldman published a version of this in his bar and grill series and it's worth checking out. You can buy it as his website http://www.bgmagic.com
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Sixten Bemes: Complete Card Linking is my favourite.
Its very clean. The linked cards can be examined by the spectators.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
Harris started the movement with Cardboard Connection. He followed with Immaculate connection. Sixten Beme released two versions of his card link, one of which was performed by Henning on TV. Lorayne has a version in Quantum Leaps which Simon Lovell has some nice touches on. (A version of this may also be in Trapdoor). Roger Crabtree came out with the Crabtree Connection which is excellent. John Riggs has a handling of that in the Trapdoor Magazine of Steve Beam (not to be confused with Sixten). I saw John perform this years ago and it fooled me BADLY. The most recent being Osmosis from AoA.

You might also wish to check out Ian Rowland's website. He makes FLinks cards which are permanent impossible objects. I have held these things in my hand and they are stunning. I think an enterprising performer could do something with these.
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
For those who are interested, I have a linking card routine, tenatively called 'The Linkage'.

I would like to release it one day this year, but I have to do some homework to ensure that the idea/principle/method is orignal/new enough to warrent publication.

Having said that, in the near future, I will need knowledgeable beta testers to help me with this research. I know the effect is powerful, as I have been using it a lot, for quite some time.

Please PM if interested in beta testing/researching.

Sean
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
It has come to my attention that Terry Lagerould and Bev Bergeron both had linking card effects prior to 1989. I have no information on either. Anyone have a source or info they can share?
amens
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of amens
Immaculate connection!!!

borrow three cards and blow them away (just that simple Smile )
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
I also like Inmaculate connection. However, I find it ilogical to use three cards and only link one ( you know what I mean).
I also like osmosis, but it is kind of complicated.
If I had to choose, however, I'd probably choose Inmaculate Connection.
Just my $0.02,
Alex

Smile
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
I have immaculate connection by Paul Harris I think and it is great and cards can be borrowed.
doowopper
View Profile
Elite user
492 Posts

Profile of doowopper
Truthteller mentioned Harry Lorayne's version from Quantum Leaps. It's called, "The Best Gosh Darn Impromptu Linking Card Effect You'll Ever See." I have been doing it for years and it's terrific. It can be done anywhere, under any circumstances, with any cards from any deck - impromptu (no preparation). It looks like the real thing.
Richard
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
I use a lot Paul Harris "Inmaculate Connection". I think is a great and very clear effect.

But I read sometime ago a real good effect with only two linkend card, published in a booklet by El Duco (in Sweden?). It was a beautiful routine, involving only two card, that were real linked and can be give to spectators as a gift at the end of the routine real linked. It was a little hard routine for the movements, and for the gimmick (you must prepare it by yourself), but the effect was real great magic, very close to what Jose De La Torre knew as "real magic".

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Sylvain Mirouf (french magician) published "Osmose" in a tape entirely devoted to it. Quite good. I guess it should be available from http://www.mayette.com or by himself.

Personally, I don't find a good reason to link cards... Rings, or rubberbands seem to have a "natural" propensity (?) to link to each others. But cards...

Jonathan.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Quote:
On 2004-01-22 03:51, Pablo Tejero wrote:
But I read sometime ago a real good effect with only two linkend card, published in a booklet by El Duco (in Sweden?). It was a beautiful routine, involving only two card, that were real linked and can be give to spectators as a gift at the end of the routine real linked. It was a little hard routine for the movements, and for the gimmick (you must prepare it by yourself), but the effect was real great magic, very close to what Jose De La Torre knew as "real magic".

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile

The name of the effect:
The Complete Card Linking by Sixten Beme, Stockholm.

Mr Beme was a magic friend to me, we had some contacts over the years before he passed on... I meet him every year at swedens biggest convention every year and we chat vividly and he showed me some of his latest card tricks.
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Quote:
On 2004-01-21 11:54, truthteller wrote:
It has come to my attention that Terry Lagerould and Bev Bergeron both had linking card effects prior to 1989. I have no information on either. Anyone have a source or info they can share?

Bev Bergeron's linking card is the Lorayne effect with some nice shows, but it's still the Lorayne version.

This is the version I have used for years with great sucess.

Jeff
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Linked Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL