The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What's Cooking? » » Have you seen this on Kickstarter? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Special this week...
View Profile
Café Announcer
The Magic Café
787 Posts

Profile of Special this week...
Hey gang,

I wanted to share with all of you a very special Kickstarter project that my buddy Justin Meitz has put together and ask that you give this some serious consideration. Smile

---

KIDS DECK - PLAYING CARDS DESIGNED FOR KIDS by MAGIC HOUSE PUBLISHING

Playing cards specifically designed for kids and magicians printed by the USPCC. PURE AWESOMENESS!

There are 3 decks in total, a Red & Blue backed deck and a special edition ABC123 deck all printed by the United States Playing Card Company. They have been specifically designed for kids and magicians! But wait, you aren't a kid or a magician...well if you play with cards, I consider you a big kid like me which means these are perfect for you too!

Let me point this out right now! These are not the artsy playing cards that are so popular right now. And there is a reason for that. Have you ever been to a family reunion or a house party and someone breaks out the cards? Kids could care less! That's because there is zero connection for them. They would rather be in front of the TV playing video games. But with the Kids Deck, they will want to play and that means more family interaction time and less zoning out in front of the tube. Kids love these cards!

A Bit About Me:

My number 1 rule in life is have fun, and I try my hardest to do that every day. I am a third generation magician, learning magic from my grandfather, and absolutely love my job. I travel around the world performing my unique brand of stand up magic specializing in VIP events, trade shows, and corporate entertainment.

But I also had another job which really inspired the Kids Deck to come to life. I graduated from the University of Nevada Reno with a Bachelors of Science in education and a minor in elementary education. I spent 7 years teaching 2nd & 5th grade which was so much fun!

During my time as a teacher I always had my students use playing cards for multiplication and memory games. But, normal playing cards are sort of boring, especially to kids. I searched and searched but could never find a deck of cards for kids...

During this time I started Magic House Publishing and published the award winning picture book The Amazing Alexander and instructional DVD's for magicians. After retiring from teaching I decided it was time to have Magic House Publishing bring a deck of cards to kids that they would love to use. More importantly also learn from and not realize they are actually learning...we call that MISDIRECTION!

Red & Blue Kids Deck

These decks are hand drawn in a fun kids design. Each card has its own unique face and every child will have their favorite.

Both decks have different back designs and come with a double backed red/blue card to be used for simple, easy to perform, yet amazing magic tricks.

The jokers make me smile every time I see them...a boy and girl which was so ingenious of the artist.

Kids will have so much fun with these decks and in ways I will probably never realize. For those that want something fun, grab a couple uncut sheets which will look awesome in a playroom or hanging in the bedroom. Hang the ABC123 sheet next to the bed to practice ABC's and numbers before bedtime...remember that misdirection Smile

ABC123 Kids Deck

The ABC123 Kids Deck was designed specifically to help kids learn the alphabet and their numbers. Each deck contains alphabet cards (A-Z) and numbers (1-26). Practice multiplication, create concentration games, or magically spell a person’s name. The possibilities are endless when it comes to this deck!

Each deck also has a special double sided activity card loaded with 10 activities to be used with the alphabet cards and 10 activities to be used with the number cards. This means whether your kids are in the car on a road trip or you are in the classroom teaching, these cards are perfect for you!

The ABC123 back has a different design from the Red & Blue Kids Deck and comes in an awesome orange to match the card box. And finally magicians now have a fun deck of alphabet cards to perform magic with! The deck includes a double backed card, a blank faced card, and activity card.

The Card Boxes

The card boxes are beautifully designed with fun 3D kid elements. If the project reaches $40,000 the card boxes will be embossed which means all 3D elements will actually be 3D!

Card Tricks For Kids DVD - No Rabbits Required

Card Tricks For Kids features 12 awesome card tricks using the Kids Deck and 2 bonus effects using the ABC123 deck including an awesome effect using alphabets cards from magician David Regal called Letter Perfect. You will learn along side Justin's magic students Art and Phoenix. The perfect stocking stuffer to go with the Kids Deck! Here are just a few of the amazing tricks you will learn:

• 4 Ace Fun - 4 ace production perfect for kids
  • Pick Me - Fun pick a card routine
  • Color Changing Kids - Color changing deck routine
  • Blue or Pink - Awesome Joker effect using the Kids Deck jokers
  • Kids or Adults - This will blow adults away...that's all I can say!
  • Behind the Back - Reversed card in deck routine

Kids T-Shirt

This project would not be complete without an awesome shirt! And what inspired this...PHOENIX! Magic student Phoenix is one of the cutest kids but let me tell you what happens when he says "Pick a card...Any card." Cuteness Overload! And so the Kids T-Shirt was born! Kid sizes only! Specify size during checkout (XS, S, M, L, XL).

For further information, photographs, reward tiers, etc Click Here!

---
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What's Cooking? » » Have you seen this on Kickstarter? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL