The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Longwood Gardens (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Years ago the BW and myself visited Longwood Gardens in Delaware and were enchanted by it. We're thinking of going back again for a weekend. I'd appreciate any advice about when is the best season to go, and where are some nice places to stay. We're kind of booked up until the end of Sept, is it worth going in the fall?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
As it so happens, my sister lives in Kennett Square, PA, right across the street from Longwood Gardens. Smile

So I am pretty sure the gardens are actually in PA, not Delaware. No matter what the Delaware Tourism Board might have told you. Smile

(I'll send your questions to her, see what she says.)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Thnks balducci. It's been 25 years since I was there last, so I guess I've forgotten where it actually is. I remember visiting the DuPont estates nearby, so I assumed Delaware.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I live in Delaware landmark, but I've never been to Longwood Gardens either. But I think Balducci is correct and it is in PA, expecially if Kennet Square is close by. BTW, if you do go, Kennet Square is the Mushroom Capital of the World.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennett_Square,_Pennsylvania

You might wish to time your trip to catch the annual mushroom parade when the whole town shuts down for mushroom tours, etc.

best, bob
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2014, landmark wrote:
Years ago the BW and myself visited Longwood Gardens in Delaware and were enchanted by it. We're thinking of going back again for a weekend. I'd appreciate any advice about when is the best season to go, and where are some nice places to stay. We're kind of booked up until the end of Sept, is it worth going in the fall?

I like to go right before Christmas to see all of the Xmas decorations.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Thanks all for the advice. A number of you have said that it is pretty almost anytime of year. We've made our reservations for Columbus Day Weekend. Staying at a nice Air B 'n' B nearby.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Longwood Gardens (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL