The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Brian Kennedy's ACAAN (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
This is too simple to be a magician fooler (I figured it out quickly just by watching the Youtube video), but I don't mind taking a chance on an effect or book if it is not too expensive, so I splurged the four bucks over on Lybary.

It is almost entirely self-working (locating and controlling the named card is required, and Kennedy gives tips on this), and the placement and revelation is dead simple, relying on an basic principle well known to us all. But it looks like it can be a real baffler for laypeople. I don't think it is as potent as Barrie Richardson's Impromptu CAAN, but that requires some finger flinging that may put off some beginners. And of course the "true" ACAANs requiring a stack or other prep--Asi Wind's in my present favourite--just can't be done impromptu.

Has anyone had good (or other) experience with Kennedy's ACAAN? Any suggestions for subtleties or variations? Kennedy pitches his method at beginners, but I think a sense of chaos and mystery can be added with false cuts and shuffles (provided that they are not overdone to the point that the spectator suspects they are used for placement).

I must say I like it for what it is--a simple variation on the venerable ACAAN theme that can be done FASDIU--and I am going to see what mileage I can get out of my four bucks.

Les
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Brian Kennedy's ACAAN (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL