The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » [META] Would there be interest in a Tarot/Oracle forum for private readers? (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
psychicir
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of psychicir
Thank you D.J. Since you are a new reader I must warn you that this is a very dangerous business which is fraught with pitfalls. If you screw up a card trick you merely look like a bad magician or alternatively a member of the magic Café. (You know, the sort of person who swears on stage instead of performing in a professional manner). However, if you screw up a reading you can ruin someone's life. You are walking an ethical tightrope. Don't fall off.

The safer route from an ethical standpoint is to do simple brief entertainment readings which, quite frankly is most of what the people here are capable of. Here you are just making vague character assessments based mainly on the well known Barnum factor or perhaps making wooly vague statements about the future without any specifics. You are probably on relatively safe grounds doing this.

However, once you start to do more advanced work and go on to 20-30 minute to an hour readings you are in a more dangerous territory. You have to be VERY good for the sake of your clients. Be warned....................
D.J. Ayur
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of D.J. Ayur
That's what I figured psychicir.

Regarding ethics, I believe it's relative to an interesting trend I have come to notice in recent times. It seems to me as if the more you become proficent with readings, the deeper we go down the rabbit hole.

As I continue with my progression, I'll make sure tread carefully.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Here is an interesting deck.

http://michellex.com/design/tarot/

Ray
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2014, psychicir wrote:
...If you screw up a card trick you merely look like a bad magician or alternatively a member of the magic Café. (You know, the sort of person who swears on stage instead of performing in a professional manner)...

I actually laughed out loud.

Good advice too though.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » [META] Would there be interest in a Tarot/Oracle forum for private readers? (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL