The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Patrick Redford Glemme Padlock? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

conrad3000
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of conrad3000
I learned of this effect in the Penguin lecture. A padlock appears to unlock on a number that the spectator guesses. Unfortunately the lock that I bought ,ABUS 160/50 B, doesn't seam to have the feature that is needed for the effect anymore.

I am wondering if anyone has had this issue and found a real lock that has the same principle needed for this effect. Thanks.
- Ryan
Laurent A
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Laurent A
Buy the right Abus lock and it will work as in the lecture
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
I've recently bought the lock needed. It's still available. There are alternatives from the same manufacturer but I like the visibility of the lock used by Patrick.
Daniel Meadows
View Profile
Veteran user
Manchester, UK
392 Posts

Profile of Daniel Meadows
I bought the lock exactly as stated in the lecture and I had the same problem. I don't know if there is a regional variation in the product but I couldn't get it to work and gave up on it. Which is a shame as it's a great effect.
Cerberus Wallet, Equilibrium, Counterfeit, Deadly Marked Deck, Infamous, Instinct
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of nlokers
I had the same issue
conrad3000
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of conrad3000
I did contact the manufacturer and they said that their lock wouldn't do what I needed it to. I did email Patrick and he told me some tips on how to do it without that element. I just figured maybe someone new of another brand of lock that could do it.
- Ryan
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
I recently got mine from Amazon and it works fine. There's one bit that doesn't behave as per Patrick's description, but I've contacted him about it and it's not a big issue; the effect still works as it should.

PM me if you guys need help with the ABUS lock. Am only wondering now how to deliver the effect on a stage, by itself, or as part of a larger routine.

~ Nique
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Patrick Redford Glemme Padlock? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL