The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Need Help with a Location Prediction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shadowmage
View Profile
New user
USA
62 Posts

Profile of shadowmage
Hey everyone,

I am currently trying to put together a stage routine with a travel theme. The only piece I am missing/would like to add is a location prediction. I am more of a magician than a mentalist, but I would like to predict the selection of any country that a random audience member selects. Currently the only method I can come up with is using Director's Cut by Jay Sankey and combining that with Blindfoil to make it a little more large scale (not sure if that will work since I don't own Blindfoil yet). I could also just write the name of countries on cards and force one, however I would prefer something more interactive. So my question is, does anyone have any suggestions/ideas? Or perhaps know of a good map prediction (i.e. allowing the spectator to put a pin on a map or throwing a dart on a map and correctly predicting it)? Thank you!
Doc_Z
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, NY
229 Posts

Profile of Doc_Z
There's a classic pin/map effect for the stage in 13 Steps to Mentalism. If you are going to discuss methods such as forcing, you should post this instead in "Inner Thoughts."
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
If you are a magician, you should be able to think of a way. Just think, how would I do it.... You already thought of using cards and a force.

Why not put the cards in a paper bag and twist the top. Now start your music and you and the spectator both do a funny dance while shaking the bag with the cards in it. Once the music stops, have them reach in the bag and select a card......
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
PM'd you.
shadowmage
View Profile
New user
USA
62 Posts

Profile of shadowmage
Thanks for all your input, I really appreciate the help!
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
830 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
If you want to use classic methods in a clever way, Bob Cassidy does lot of remote viewing so you should found something useful in his work.

Greg Arce has a map effect in one of his books but I never read it so I can just attest that it has good reviews.

As Magical Dimensions said, the tool you will use is most probably already in your arsenal... Smile
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Take a look at the Ian Rowling Penguin lecture. He has a country prediction that is really nice. It involves 2 audience members and a prediction by Ian. All choose the same country. It's a nice effect.
The Hermit
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of The Hermit
Ian Rowland, Sorry.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Need Help with a Location Prediction (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL