The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Coin Ladder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I'm thinking about trying to make a Coin Ladder.
I like the Viking one.

Anyone know where I can get the chimes for the ladder?
Has anyone ever tried making one of these?

Thanks
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You have to find a metal shop or tool and die shop that sales brass. Tell him you want each sheet to be different widths, I think .o25 thickness is about correct. Then you have to get a polishing disk for your drill and Jewelers rough to buff the plates until they shine. The plates hang on string to create the sound, otherwise you will only get a dull noise. I recommend you construct a cardboard prototype 1st to get all the dimensions first.

If you have a band saw available you can cut the metal yourself. If you have a workshop you can make the frame out of wood.

There is no plans, so you have to make the automatic coin dropper yourself, to eject 1 coin at a time.

Good luck. Smile
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Wmhegbli

Thanks so much for youe help I'll let you know how it goes.

Best
Joe

Does anyone have pictures of a viking coin ladder?

I have some but not the best mainly need pics of the inside of the top where the coins are dropped and the "Trap" that holds the final load.

Thanks in advance

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Mustre71,

If we had that we would not have to pay $1500.00 for it! Do you realize you are asking for exposure and that is against the policy of the Café'.

If you want this you will have to buy the Coin Ladder from Viking. Nothing is free in this world, you are left to come up with this on your own. Talk to a mechanical type of person or a tool and dye maker. Seek teachers or speciality equipment makers in you area.

Again you may have to pay for their ideas and work. If you belong to a magic club and someone owns one you may ask to see his secret Coin Ladder he paid for.

I will tell you my version for $1500.00. Get the point!!

Bill Smile
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Bill,

Didn't mean it to sound if I was asking to expose the secret. I already have some pics of the coin ladder but mine aren't that good and my friend that's helping me build this. wanted better pictures.

Best
Joe
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Mystre71,

You did say inside top, that is where the gimmics are. I am happy you have pictures from someone, Viking has several full shot views on their sit of the Ladder, but do to refection of lights details are not shown. This is by design, I am sure.

I have had to spend hundreds of dollars to see what others created. In other words, get there secrets to the coin ladder. There is no one right or wrong way to make this type of thing.

You need a push out gimmick for individual coins, most do not make a finale coin dump as you have suggested. You usually steal the load of coins so you can actually show the coins in your hands before you cascade them into the ladder.

If you are serious find a plexiglass dealer that can cut and polish the cut ends. And provide the side of the ladder. You should really make it so it comes apart for transport. Viking's is difficult to transport in that large crate.

Bill Smile
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Bill,

Thanks for your help,I was going to use clips for the singles, and for the finale coin dump (without giving to much away) a "Trap" with a hinge.

Thanks again
Joe
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Mystre71,

I believe you need to learn a "Down's Palm" for the production of single coins.

It is in many coin books. I Down's Palm up to 8 Neilsen palming coins and produce them singlely with the palm towards the audience.

http://www.nnmagic.com

Bill Smile
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Bill,

I think we may be talking about two different things?
I have some what of a routine worked out to use with the coin ladder. I know how to Down's palm coins and the plan is to use it for some of the productions.
But instead of actually dropping the produced coin I plan to RE D. palm the coin and release a coin from a clip, So by the end it will SEEM as if I have produced A LOT more then I really did.

Hope this helps to clear things up a bit.

Thanks
Joe
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Joe,

OH! You want to do it the easy way. Okay, What I do is produce some from my hand, that way I am away from any tables or the ladder for productions. I toss the coin from a distance to prove I am actually dropping/throwing them into the ladder. I then use the ladder singles, then steal a handfull and continue with a few singles ending with a grab for a handful.

That is how I do it but you can do it with all gimmicks, before I developed coin palming I used a special coin holder that produced a coin over and over. It worked fine. But I just wanted a little more skill in my magic.

That was just me.

Bill
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
What I want to do is D.palm as many coins as I can but after producing want to put them back into D.p. and release the singles.

A long time ago I seen a guy do a routine, where after he produces what SEEMED like an endless amount of coins. He showed his hands empty reach out with both hands in a grabing motion, And as his hands came to the ladder a large amount of coins was seen falling down the ladder.

I would like to do a routine something like this.

Best to you
Joe
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe you are speaking of Norm Neilsen, the site I posted earlier. You do not have to alway re-palm a coin. You can "steal" more coins from your person or the table/ladder.

The coins from the magician hands really came from his hands, I just discribed it above. Please read slowly what I have typed, I have given you a lot of food for thought information without spelling it out for you. The ladder is "mainly" just a pretty way to display the coins as they are produced. Most magicians just drop them into a hat or bucket.

I stongly suggest you buy "Geoffrey Buckingham's" DVD that has just been re-released by LLPUB.com. It will explain stealing coins for stage manipulation work and a lot of other stage manipulation. He was the best. Look it up.

Bill Smile
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Bill,

Once I get the ladder finished I will be able to work outa routine that fits me. Right now what I have posted above is what I have worked out in my head.

Thanks for all the great info.

Best
joe
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Joe,

What one can envision becomes reality.

Good Luck on your adventure.
Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Coin Ladder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL