The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hi all,

Inspired by the Dopps, I have done a Shakespearean act.... now I am lucky enough to do another show I can sneak the EAP dopp into.... SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE.... a performance delving into the meanings and symbolism of the Cask of Amontillado, the myths of EAP's "drug addiction" and more... fun fun fun - for Oct 31st of course for addiction treatment system across Ontario....!!!!

The nice thing about alcohol issues is I can work in J&H

Guess I better work up Sherlock show later this year hoho

I hope you are all feverishly working on a Halloween event of your own!

Evermore!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
That's such a great idea Dr Spec. I missed out on Dopp but I dig the way you think.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Not too late to get in on Dopps, JAlenS. Some copies of Shakespeare left, I think, and new titles on the horizon.

Dr. Spektor, mind dropping a little more detail on your routine over on the Dopps forum? Sounds excellent. I need to feed my Poe-fascination regularly. (Where is the buried alive in the ancestral crypt smileyface emoticon? Is it this one?) ;::(!!
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
If you're not careful all that talk about EAP & drugs and alcohol, everyone will want to party after Smile
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Well, came back - went over well - great discussion afterwards - people were talking about the connections between vengeance as an addiction and alcohol issue parallels - the spiritual aspects too - all the way that people were going wow this Poe guy we should read (you would be surprised how many have no clue really what he was about and his stories) - the Poe lovers cheered - and my fav was getting to play a little Alan Parsons project tunes Smile

Dopps went over well - tied it into the spirit medium scandals of the medium who started writing Poe's work after his death Smile

Lots of fun with Griswold and Fortunato skeletons all decked out....

No one would let me chain them up though.... oh well - guess they learned something about never let anyone chain you in the dark all alone.

:)

May all of your presentations and shows go well, fellow spookies!
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Thanks for sharing Dr!
Sounds like a very cool routine

I always love hearing how others are using Dopps.
You always manage some very interesting and unexpected tie ins.
It's good fodder for us all!

Happy Halloween to you sir and fellow spookies!
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Sounds great.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hi all,

get to do this presentation again - this time for a large psychologist annual conference this time for halloween - decided to add a few bits of dark comedy - got a large raven puppet and the Creature Shock from Peter L. Just figuring how to animate it - it will be stuffed with a wireless speaker to say NEVERMORE at various times.... I'm going to repaint the CS into a wooden style drinks or book cabinet.... first I force THE RAVEN and materialize it.... then MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE... and out comes the gorilla hand. Got my chattering animated Fortunate skull as well.

(I take it you are all planning your Halloween at this point - I usually start in June.)

:)

Does anyone have any idea how to animate a hand puppet via a remote - I'm looking for something to stuff in it so that it can move a bit and snap its beak - been searching for cheap RC toys to tear apart and use. Don't need a $$$$$ animatronics.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Sounds like a great idea.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Thanks sir!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hiya all,

My kids really liked the giant Raven puppet I got..... and my little one knows all about EAP... so looks like I might be doing an spook show for Halloween too for the school...

staring DJ Poe, the Rappin' Raven. Just getting his duds ready.

We already started working on lyrics...

"Lenore used to call you on your cell phone
Ne-ver-more

You know what that must mean
It was that tuberculosis thing
You know what that must mean
It was that tuberculosis thing

Or maybe it was a brain tumour….
Edgar Lost His Loves...."

This is going to be whacky fun.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE (15 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL