The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flame in a glass trick ??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bad-Boy
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Bad-Boy
I saw this trick where you take a persons glass (vodka-class, anything as long as it is an open glass), you wave your hands and suddenly a flame appears INDIDE the glass for a couple seconds.

Does anybody know what the trick is called or any other information that might be useful?

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post it in ...)

Thanx guys

Bad-Boy Smile
Bad-Boy Smile
wayno
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
323 Posts

Profile of wayno
A lot of alcohols are flamable. You just need to decide how you want to ignite it.
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
http://www.spookclub.com
Glenn Alloway
View Profile
Regular user
Edmonton AB Canada
103 Posts

Profile of Glenn Alloway
Appleton Jamacan rum 151 proof works quite nice. It is a 75% alcohol content. As for lighting it, I have see many different TT's available with hobby glow plugs and rigged wiring. But the easier way would be to have a standard bic lighter on a reel so the hands can be showen empty at the end.

Or this may be just another example of a cool way to use flash paper.
"This is madness and yet there is method in it." ~Shakespeare
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
I have seen it done using Inviso Torch (Inferno was the knock off of this), without lighting the torch, it is just used to dispense the butane into the glass. Then the gas it lit with a match.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flame in a glass trick ??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL