The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dorothy App (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I just saw the announcement of this new App for Iphone, etc

You put a device in your shoe. When tapped together it sends a message to your "phone" with a message that gives you an excuse to leave the scene.

For me, just another example of how electronic technology is fueling the lemming charge to de-evolution of the human species, but ...

what has happened to the idea that living as a matter of making choices?

why are you in a setting that requires you to lie to leave?

why don't you have the gumption to just say you wish to leave? "Don't want to hurt their feelings?" What -- but it is OK to lie and insult their intelligence?

If you respect the other person's sensibilities, why are you answering a cellphone at all? Interrupting a conversation for any reason is "dissing" that person.

What if you spent as much time preparing to be an interesting contributor to a conversation as trying to escape?

all that aside ..

how might a mentalist use this gimmick? hummmm
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
388 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
Couldn't find the app that you are talking about. Is there a more specific name for it? Can you provide a link? Thanks!
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I think he must be talking about this:

http://istrategylabs.com/2014/10/meet-do......friends/
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
I too think this device is.... Wait a minute...my phone is ringing.

Sorry, I gotta take this...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I'm sure that people have been arranging for "interruptions" to terminate unwanted conversations and meetings since ancient times. It's hardly something that's new to this generation.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2014, funsway wrote:
how might a mentalist use this gimmick? hummmm

Yes - ten minute timer on trigger to make your phone ring - variable timer. also can display picture - please not a fake text message with pic of somebody holding up a card
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I believe Robert Houdin the ability to see his front porch and had a system of signals to let his staff know whether or not to tell a convenient lie to the "Thieves of time" that came to his door.

Some people make it very hard to tell them the truth and sometimes family relations, friendships or business hang in the balance.

I don't have a smart phone but I have lied in the past to leave because my priorities where not socially acceptable (like I have to leave now to get home in time for Star Trek LOL).

Until we are all more honest the white liars will be immensely more popular. I try to choose honesty but sometimes…

-Mary Mowder
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Oct 24, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I'm sure that people have been arranging for "interruptions" to terminate unwanted conversations and meetings since ancient times. It's hardly something that's new to this generation.

exactly! and then just how is all this new technology helping us advance as a species? We have new ways of killing people and driving them crazy too. How is that advancement?

the book "Entropy" suggested, "we will rapidly know more and more about less and less until eventually we will know everything about nothing."

the tragedy here is that folks have a need to leave a conversation because they have nothing to say. Why not just let the cellphones talk to each other and eliminate the middle man?

We already have people sending text messages because they are afraid to speak in person. Soon they will only be able to select a message from a purchased list of lies.

the good news, Bob, is that Mentalism will increase in popularity since it will be more real than everyday life.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

These kids today! Why don't they make an app that'll keep the young whippersnappers off my lawn? Smile
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Your lawn in "Farmville?" LOL

-Mary
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Good one, Mary! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dorothy App (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL