The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sharp increase in home prices (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HudsonView
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of HudsonView
I bought my home at the height of the market in 2005. Paid $840k. After the bust and for years my house was valued at about 200-300k less than I paid for it. Every once in a while I check Zillow to see what they currently have it estimated at. For some reason in October, the estimated value of my house, on Zillow, jumped to $856k, $15k more than I paid for it and it is estimate to go up by another $50k over the next year.

Not sure why the sudden leap in prices but it looks like I'll be able to sell the house for more than I paid in a years time. Good news for sellers. Got to love real estate (as long as you have the time and resources to wait out the market. )
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
And so, out of curiosity, where do you live?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
HudsonView
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of HudsonView
The Northeast. I talked to a realtor friend who said the market is booming right now.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Right near the Hudson River would be my guess.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Why the obsession with us knowing what your house us worth?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Why the concern over his expressing the dollar value of his home?

I know many people who are relieved to find they have increased value in their home over their purchase price. For many it means they can now sell and move should they wish or need to do so. It's a very emotional relief to them after years of feeling stuck.

In many parts of the country the price quoted above is median price for the area. For such areas it is by no means any kind of a boast to say you live in a median priced home.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No concern. It was simply a reference to a thread he started and a playful jibe.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
In that case, touché.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Good news if you own one but bad news if you don't and are looking to buy one. I think they are over priced over here. Most young people can't afford them anymore.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
HudsonView
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of HudsonView
Danny,

Started because I know a lot of people are underwater, and this is a very recent developement, so I thought I'd let people know. The spike started in october and is expected to continue rising at least for the next year. It means I can now sell my house this spring and downsize to a smaller homoe now that my kids are out of the house. I'm sure it is good news to a number of people on this board.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Seems pretty obsessive to me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sharp increase in home prices (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL