The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hockey Great Gordie Howe has 'serious stroke' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Wings great Gordie Howe resting after 'serious stroke'

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/......8079837/

Hoping the best.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Mr. Hockey has always been a part of my world. Get well soon, Gordie.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Yeah I saw this on the news last night. Sad news. Bart Starr who is legendary around here also recently suffered a stroke and a heart attack. Both men are in their 80 and sadly the day will come when we have to say goodbye.

I've heard conflicting reports about Howes condition from the family. Earlier one of his sons had said they "expected the worst", that this was his "his final lap around the rink" and that they were "guessing that he's not going to recover". But I have also heard he was improving and that he was on a long road to recovery. In any event it's a rough situation. Hoping for the best for Gordie and the entire family.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Bart and Gordie are a couple of great ones. They're the kind of athletes you don't see much of any more.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I remember when there were 6 teams in the NHL and the Montreal Canadiens dominated. But Detroit, Chicago, NY, Toronto, Boston had some pretty good players. I believe I have the correct spelling on Canadiens since they were mostly French speaking in those days.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2014, foolsnobody wrote:
I remember when there were 6 teams in the NHL and the Montreal Canadiens dominated. But Detroit, Chicago, NY, Toronto, Boston had some pretty good players. I believe I have the correct spelling on Canadiens since they were mostly French speaking in those days.

They still spell the team name the French way "Canadiens".

Kid's joke from my youth. Put on an exaggerated French-Canadian accent: "I got de CH on my shirt. It stand for centre hice where I play."
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
The latest on Gordie not looking good.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/......9138029/

How unfortunate.
– Karl Germain
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
801 goals.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hockey Great Gordie Howe has 'serious stroke' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL