The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Duane Lafflin Illusion Show in Custer, S.D. Has Ended (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
I just saw online that Duane and his lovely wife Mary decided to end their major illusion show in Custer, S.D. in September of this year because the theater was being sold to a new owner and there were no guarantees that they would still be able to use that theater.

According to an online article, they were looking to relocate the show to Branson, MI, but there is no indication that this has occurred to date.

Does anyone know if the Lafflins have found a theater in Branson and if they will be opening their show there?

They should do well wherever they go as they put on a very entertaining family-oriented show.

I wish them well with their new endeavor.
EStorey
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of EStorey
Peter, the Lafflins now live in Branson. They do not have a theater there but are traveling performing at this time.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Indeed the show in Custer is no longer, for the past 2 summers I have worked in Custer and got to know Duane & Mary, two of the classiest people in magic. They are in Branson and happy.If you have a magic club, Duane is an excellent lecturer.
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Charlie,

I have had the pleasure of seeing Duane lecture numerous times over the past several years.

He is one of the best lecturers in the field of Magic.

You are right about Duane and Mary.

They are among the nicest people you will ever encounter.

I am glad to hear that they made it to Branson and I hope that they eventually get their own theater.

Thank you both for letting me know that the Laflins are well and still keeping busy.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Duane has posted on Facebook just recently. He has 2 new assistanta and Mary has gotten back onstage too which is great news. Last year they did a Christmas show at their theater in Custer and they did an illusion that absolutely floored me.They are greatly missed here but our paths will cross again.
EStorey
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of EStorey
Charlie: You are correct, I'm sure your paths will cross again. He was in Montana for awhile in his own theater then went to Tenn. for a bit then back up to So. Dak. now to Branson. Something tells me if right situation comes along could be back up your way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Duane Lafflin Illusion Show in Custer, S.D. Has Ended (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL