The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Promo video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
New promo video:
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
216 Posts

Profile of Ronin
This is nice. Lots of shots of your audiences having fun and your very own, professionally recorded jingle--I imagine you'll be using this for a long time!

Not sure if you're really looking for feedback, but I did a little double take at about :18 on the video--"Wait, was that Dynamike at the WHITE HOUSE?!" I would've liked that shot to stay onscreen longer, so the image could register better(maybe my brain is just slow). It's a nice shot, and c'mon, you were performing on the grounds of the #$%@ing White House! (Congratulations on that, by the way)

And, as it happens, I felt that you had about 3 or 4 seconds of relative dead time in the Detroit River Days footage at :19. Great visual of the bird appearing, the reporter is surprised. Then we get about 3-4 seconds of "watching" her (off camera) go after the bird. Maybe edit out some of that time, and give it over to the White House shot?

I also liked the way you used the Judge Mathis footage.

Anyway, this looks like it'll be a nice promo piece to boost your birthday, school and library business. Nice job!
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks Ronin. I was thinking about the timing with the White House too. If the viewers get a glance not being sure, it might help them replay the video so the music will pick up more in their minds as they review it. Plus the video is on my website. On the same page I do have a longer showing image of me being at the White House.

I was thinking the same thing about the dead timing with the bird too. But he comes out so fast it makes it unclear what it is. Some people might think he was injured. That is why I added the extra time when the reporter picks the bird up so everyone will see clearly it was a bird and he is healthy. Thanks again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Promo video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL