The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Dean Dill (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Dean is a close friend and unfortunately, due to work I haven't been by the shop much in the past few months. I'm told he's not doing well at all - sadly I haven't been able to reach him recently.
Keep Dean and his family in your prayers. He is truly one of a kind.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Best wishes to Dean and his family.

Dean is a wonderful guy and an amazing Magician.

-Mary Mowder
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
Prayers are sent! May GOD bless Dean and family!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
In my prayers as well! Keep us posted how he's doing, OK?

Doug
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I spoke to his son this weekend - no real updates other than he's not doing well, but he'll keep me updated.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Dean is one of a kind. A gentle giant. I wish him and his family well.

When I lived in Los Angeles I would stop by Dean's shop once in a while. It was always a treat. Nowadays I have narrowed down my close-up repertoire quite a bit from my younger days. But I still have three Dean Dill routines which are part of my professional sets.

God bless you sir!

Regards,
MJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Any update?
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Over the years Dean's been an amazing friend, mentor, and teacher to me- and so many other magicians locally and beyond. His kindness, generosity, and faith leave me in total awe. The man is just an incredibly special and rare human being. Keep him in your hearts and prayers, guys. If anyone has updates, please share.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
La Famiglia Magic is with him in spirit and prayer. We believe in the Great Magic above that watches over him.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
scottjenkins
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of scottjenkins
You've probably already seen Steve's Broadcast message, but just in case, I'll post the info here.
Dean is at the end of his battle with cancer. I've been talking to him when he has the strength, but he's not doing well. He's in hospice care at home.
I've started a fundraising page to help with his medical bills and to help his wife get back on her feet.
Please open your hearts and give generously.

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundrai......y/286981

ps, I and Mike Barry will be helping to keep Dean's web store open, so there will continue to be Dean's Boxes and (most) everything else in the forseeable future. Just don't dogpile onto the site now, because we're low on a lot of things and have to work with people to replenish the stock.

Thanks
Scott
Scott Jenkins
Magician Member of the AMA
Joe Porper's partner!
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
From Chip Chalmers on Facebook:

Dean either reads your notes or has them read to him. He's not always able to absorb, except in small doses, all the love coming his way, but he knows that his close friends, casual friend and people he never knew are sending strength, peace, love and prayers.

After a terribly long bout with pain and lack of sleep, he is back home, in his bed, with his wife Denise and his son Jamie. A hospice nurse comes in to make sure his pain is tolerable and he is finally getting some real sleep. Dean can no longer get out of bed, most of the time, but the love of your personal wishes, notes and news makes him smile.

He has asked me to send you all his love and deep gratitude on behalf of him and his family.

For my part, I'm humbled to be a very small part of such a gigantic, loving family of magicians. That would be all of YOU!
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Thank you Scott and Andrew not only for the update but for providing
such solid support for a Brother in need during this time in his life!
May you and your families be blessed for doing this as well.
Dev/
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Dean Dill (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL