The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super spinner ( Joe Joe ) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I just got this and let me say the D.V.D has plenty of ideas on I.T The D.V.D was worth the price in my mind. The Super spinners are a great idea, Don't know why I did not already think of this idea. I have the pro pen and always thought it would be better if I had I.T in a Sharpie. This is not like the pro pen in anyway, but I like it just the same. I do think the ad is a little miss leading when it says Super Spinner and Penny Reel Technology. I thought it ment the penny reel technology had something to do with the pen and it don't. Maybe I miss understood. But the penny reel technology idea it comes with is a good idea. Will I use the Super Spinner?? heck yes. I very glad I got this and it is very good for the price. thanks JoeJoe.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Absolutely true. Another great dvd on threadwork. Combine it with the WebSpinner dvd and you have pretty much a complete intro to IT thing going with beginner to expert knowledge points on it. The Penny Reel is actually what started the project but the super spinner quickly got discovered in the process and pretty much took over. I liked that the penny reel technology lets you do some IT work in a sitting at the table atmosphere. I helped beta test this from the beginning as he was still working his summer gig and I am still disabled due to medical problems. I have been using this super spinner for months (by myself with a mirror and anytime I go out somewhere) it is soooo easy to carry and use and really causes no suspicion. It hides very well in plain sight.

The dvd itself has also evolved over time and I think it is great that he includes so much real world unedited clips. Even one where a kid tries to bust him out, and he handles it well. The whole take on the 6 simple machines rule will help your IT work in general to evolve and the mixing of IT bill floats with championship yo-yo movement videos will take your routines to another level. And this is only part of the dvd. There is something for every level of IT worker. The concepts and "gimmicks / props" can and should be used in conjunction with the WebSpinner (but not mandatory, both are stand alone products and do things differently). I would not hesitate to reccomend BOTH dvds though as they both contain very essential info on IT work.

Another important note. He is active on not only this site but his own forum and is always happy to answer any questions you have regarding his products and IT work in general. Plus, it will make a great Christmas gift for yourself Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2014, MR Effecto wrote:
This is not like the pro pen in anyway, but I like it just the same. I do think the ad is a little miss leading when it says Super Spinner and Penny Reel Technology. I thought it ment the penny reel technology had something to do with the pen and it don't. Maybe I miss understood. But the penny reel technology idea it comes with is a good idea. Will I use the Super Spinner?? heck yes. I very glad I got this and it is very good for the price. thanks JoeJoe.

Good to hear you are happy with your purchase. Smile

I'm not sure what you were expecting, but to clear any confusion for others, the DVD is divided into two parts: the Super Spinner and the Penny Reel. The Super Spinner is the physical device that spools thread, while the Penny Reel is about actual performance.

It is not an 'invisible thread reel' that retracts thread as many magicians would expect, but it is still a reel none-the-less (defined as "A device, such as a cylinder, spool, or frame, that turns on an axis and is used for winding and storing rope, tape, film, or other flexible materials" (which is exactly what a Super Spinner does).

In time, you'll realize that is a huge asset that eliminates mechanical error and gives you more options, more power, and more flexibility. You just don't need a battery or a rubber band to pull something along a string, in fact ... the most popular hookups do not require elastic bands or batteries (Okito, Fearon).

Thanks for taking the time to post reviews guys, I really enjoy reading what others think of the magic I create. If anyone has questions, hit me up - I've been a little ill this week but starting to come back to life. Smile

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Regular user
Down Yonder
190 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
Quick question once you make the super spinner you let out the length of thread you want and put the cap on the sharpie right? My question is this wouldnt putting the lid on the sharpie break the thread? Any help would be great. Thanks
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On May 13, 2015, Red Neck Magician wrote:
Quick question once you make the super spinner you let out the length of thread you want and put the cap on the sharpie right? My question is this wouldnt putting the lid on the sharpie break the thread? Any help would be great. Thanks

No ... it doesn't break the thread, it "locks it" just like it does on my original Web Spinner ... after setting up a couple dozen "tension rod" hookups of mine, I asked myself "wonder if that would lock the thread like my Web Spinner?" and without even trying I said "of course it would".

Much of the DVD focuses on "waxless" rigs, including a full setup that uses no wax what-so-ever, made possible with this Spinner concept. It is handy because it allows for a lot of quick setups, just wrap the thread around the marker and cap it ... you can now clip it anywhere and have an anchor

And since it hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet, my new Super Spinner is now "Open Source Magic" and can be viewed online via YouTube:

http://magicjoint.com/pages/levitations/super-spinner/

Enjoy!

-JoeJoe
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Regular user
Down Yonder
190 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
Thanks for the help.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On May 13, 2015, JoeJoe wrote:
And since it hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet, my new Super Spinner is now "Open Source Magic" and can be viewed online via YouTube:

That's fantastic JoeJoe, I look forward to checking it out!

Is the youtube playlist complete?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL......yvlTiVj1

Below are the individual videos included, but there's no #11 and #12 - is something missing?

01 Super Spinner
02 Human Machine
03 Folding Options
04 Tension Rod
05 Pocket Clip
06 Resetting
07 Motorized
08 Silicone Putty
09 Penny Reel
10 Hat Spinner
13 Congreve Cube
14 Waxless Rig
15 Origami Frog
16 While Seated
17 Getting Caught
18 Gravity Reel
19 The Sixth Machine
20 Final Thoughts
21 Floating Cigarette
22 Michelangelo Bill
23 Boardwalk Show
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
The missing tracks are where I go over some of my handling of Steve Fearson's floating cigarette illusion - they were left out while I worked it out with Steve to get his permission to do so ... which we have done.

They are somewhere on YouTube, but I don't have the URLs handy ... I keep them "unlisted" so they don't show up in the general YouTube and Google search indexes, but I know they have been posted somewhere on the internet.

I also know they are on the .iso image, so if you download the DVD and play it on your DVD player you will see the chapters on the Steve Fearson floating cigarette hookup. Smile

-JoeJoe
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Thanks JoeJoe, unfortunately I'm not able to download the single DVD file due to poor internet service where I live and limited bandwidth, so I'm limited to the youtube versions of the video.
Nickoli Sharpe
View Profile
Regular user
Worldwide
160 Posts

Profile of Nickoli Sharpe
Hey Joe Joe,

Do you have any more super spinners in stock??

Went to your site said not available.

Looks great I'd like one.

Thanks,
Nickoli
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2017, Nickoli Sharpe wrote:
Hey Joe Joe,

Do you have any more super spinners in stock??

Went to your site said not available.

Looks great I'd like one.

Thanks,
Nickoli

I just checked -

http://magicjoint.com/pages/levitations/super-spinner/ If the link doesn't work just go to magicjoint.com halfway down on left (under products) click on super spinner, then scroll to bottom for options.

super-spinner and everything seemed to be working for me. I was even able to add both "pay items" to my PayPal cart. You can download the .iso file and burn it to dvd yourself, plus it is free. It teaches how to make (and use) the super spinner and it is way simple as far as arts and crafts go. He put it all out for free quite a while ago although there is a link if you wish to donate any amount. If you still have trouble, PM myself or Joe-Joe and I / he will try and help you out. (It was totally his project and idea but at the time he was working on it, he let me be a beta tester and give a lot of input to the final product) Although I am a little biased because of this,I can still say it is a great item and idea for serious thread workers.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Super spinner ( Joe Joe ) (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL