The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Looking for Toppit info (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
I'm searching out information on toppits, how they work, how they are made and worn, and handlings for its use.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
So what have you studied so far?
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
You might want to get a copy of The Topit Book Hardcover by Michael Ammar (Author), Richard Kaufman. I also understand that there is a 2.0 available. There is also a ton of information on the Topit here on the Café use the Café Quicksearch box at the top of the page.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
887 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
There are severl DVDs and downloads on the sites of various sellers.
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Thanks Manreb, I'm off to pick up Ammar's book.

bdekolta, I have just begun work on ditching, as up to now I've been focussing on SOH and gaff work only. One thing about this addiction, there is always more to learn!
Steen Nielsen
View Profile
New user
Denmark
33 Posts

Profile of Steen Nielsen
You might also want to take a look at Jay Scott Berrys recent Penguin Live Seminar. He covers both design and use of a toppit in great detail. He begins his show with a very nice coin routine which includes an extremely clean production using another clever device. Highly recommended lecture.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Jay Scott Berry's Topit, especially if you add the Michael Ammar's side pocket connection, is the best way to go... by far IMHO
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Thanks Steen and Lawrence. Once I have gone through Mr. Ammar's book, I'll have a look at Scott Berry's stuff.

Cheers
Steen Nielsen
View Profile
New user
Denmark
33 Posts

Profile of Steen Nielsen
I might add that you may arrange with JSB to have his tailor sew a toppit into your jacket. That way you are sure to get it right. I am waiting for an installation at the moment and will give you a review when I receive it.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Topit video by Ammar is where I started.
Shawn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Looking for Toppit info (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL