The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C. Tango ultimate coin U.S. Quarter (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chasesummers20
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
57 Posts

Profile of chasesummers20
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and very excited to finally be on the inside. I was wondering if anyone could help me with my question? Can I perform coin through bag with my TUC coin. I really don't know how the trick is done and I pride myself in figuring out tricks pretty quick. If someone could pm me and let me know if I need the s.c. or of my TUC will work the same. I have looked at Roy Kueppers and jonny wongs and joe mogar, but I would also enjoy some input on the differences between those producers. Who has the best? Thank you in advance for being so helpful and welcoming me. Smile
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
First, welcome to the Café, but there's something you need to know.
It's "Magicians helping magicians" here, not "Magicians exposing other magicians effects".
There are other places for that, but you tend to get what you pay for.

You say you pride yourself in figuring things out, but admit you don't really know how this trick is done.
You then ask for someone to tell you how it's done.

That's not asking for help, that's asking for exposure.

My advice to you is that if you want to learn how to do this or any effect correctly, BUY IT from the proper source -- be it a stand-alone item, DVD, Book, etc. Knowing what the right "special" thing is to use is only one small part of performing this (or any) effect to its full and proper potential.
chasesummers20
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
57 Posts

OK, thank you for letting me in on how things go in here. Do you know if Roy Kueppers split coin comes with instructions on how to perform that trick? I really don't know where to buy that effect from. I don't know who came up with it. I will Google it some more, I was trying to get the secret for free and now I feel ashamed. I really don't want to be known as that guy on here. I wont pull anything like that anymore. I still have a lot to learn about this forum and I want to be respectful. Thank you for putting it to me politely. Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
It;s not just about "free" -- it is being prepared to use the information effectively. If you are looking for the "trick" you may be missing the most important parts of the presentation and the ability to kindle magic in the mind of the audience.

The TUC is an incredible tool for creating some illusion somewhat difficult for ungimmicked coins without a lot of work.. I have published more effects for the TUC than anyone else, and have many more unpublished.

But I also create effects with ungimmicked coins and prefer to use those. The choice of gimmick should never drive the effect. Figure out what your audience needs and follow ....

Also, there is no reason to spend money just because something is popular ...
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
Do you know if Roy Kueppers split coin comes with instructions on how to perform that trick?

Who said anything about the trick using a split coin?
If that was what is used, I would certainly hope Roy had explicit permission from the routine's creator before including any instructions. Did you try asking him? His contact information is right on his web site.

I'm not posing these questions just to be belligerent. I'm asking you to stop and think.
You should also read/re-read funsway's post - wise words.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I would also challenge you to change your approach to magic.

Quote:
I pride myself in figuring out tricks pretty quick.

If you wanted to become an auto mechanic or electrician, do you think you'd be more successful trying to figure it out on your own, or learning from people who have already been there and avoid the trial and error of repeating mistakes that could have been avoided?

It sounds like you may be looking to "do tricks" vs "perform magic". Focusing on the secret methods vs everything that surrounds them that makes an effect truly magical. That's what you miss out on when you simply "figure out" a trick.

Some suggested reading. For free. With full permission from the sources.

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......in-mind/
chasesummers20
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
57 Posts

Ok thank you fellas.
chasesummers20
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
57 Posts

I appreciate every ones input. That trick is pretty simple, someone said in one of these posts that its not really in the bag and that is what I suspected. I am a performer and I like putting my own twist on effects, I rarely perform tricks exactly like the one I learn it from. I have several routines, most of them I have created myself. Magic is all about taking little pieces of tricks and improving them, if people didn't get influence from the previous performers, we would have never evolved into what we are today. I really do not need to know the whole routine because I do not plan on copying it. I liked the idea and that was it, I did know how it was done the whole time, I just wasnt sure. Not everyone on here is a professional magician, I like to perform for fun.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
I did know how it was done the whole time, I just wasnt sure.

SMH

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » T.U.C. Tango ultimate coin U.S. Quarter (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL