The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Music Interruptus!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
527 Posts

Profile of martysh
I don't like Latin .. I never took Latin .. I tease my wife about this dead language... I can still make up Latin words though.

Thanks so much guys for helping me out on my sound system...
one recently helped me make a portable power supply for my wireless mic
recently you tipped me to this large ion Bluetooth speaker at Costco... I love it ..runs now mic and music with nary a cable...
another helped me on my ignorance of gain in my own system...

you guys are great... thank you thank you thank you... one can get help here..

ok here is the question..

I might have learned something last night.. with my dell 8" tablet and my ion speaker I was going well until.....
a song clip for my cups and balls just stopped... I have used this for years.. its the two of the elephant walk songs together...I have used the clip for years..

last night the music stopped right at one of them..

now I remind you I am wireless and bluetoothed.

I could move to next songs ok...

when I looked at the tablet after the show I saw local area networks listed... (and I thought they were only 100 feet or so.) I was performing in a large suburban church

can other wireless networks interfere with my blue tooth conection?

I know I know a lot said for such a small question..
wanted to again extend my thanks for your much needed help to this neophyte....and always will be

Marty
Greenville, SC
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Marty,

I know with the Show Cues app they suggest to put the tablet in airplane mode to avoid outside interference( as well as closing all other apps). This may help your with your problem. Also Bluetooth does not have a really long range. I've walked 75 feet away before it starts losing the signal and I've walked ten feet away and starts losing the signal. Make sure your device is close to your speaker for best connection.

John
TDS
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of TDS
Hello Marty.

Without getting too deep into the technology, yes, your Bluetooth connection can be stepped on by certain wireless devices operating in the 2.4 GHz spectrum. It is for that reason we do not recommend Bluetooth for a live sound application.

If you are considering a new system for playing your music and sound effects, I recommend looking at Cue Command. Here is a recent post in the Café:

Quote:
On Nov 22, 2014, gmindmagic wrote:
I wanted to ring in and give an unbiased review of Cue Command. I am in no way associated with the company, so this is someone who made a long hard decision before buying. I had asked many a question here before buying this. I also spoke to two people in the corporate market who steered me to this.

I received the system about a week ago. I have used several controllers over the years, from the original Show Tech, to the Media Star and Show Cues on my iPhone and iPad.

The guys at Deceptively Simple were easy to order from they shipped everything the same day I ordered Fed Ex and emailed tracking. Now what they do not mention is when you receive this it comes packaged expertly,( obviously they bought packaging just to ship these units in ) But it also comes in a custom made box just for the system. This is not just someone threw together parts and pieces because they knew about electronics. This is a well thought out system!

The system itself: I put it thru 6 shows so far and I wanted to see if I threw it a curve it would take it, it did! I had a banquet room in a large hotel, I set it up at the back of the room by the sound board, you can adjust the iPad display to show just track numbers you can see a mile away, not a missed cue, flawless performance!

Listen I am a full time pro I depend on things working and this does, it is simply plug and play, just plug it in, plug in your device and the app starts. and it also charges your device. I was concerned with the remote before buying I like a tactile remote you can feel the buttons, this is probably the best I have used to date. I've also heard people on the Café complain about the size of the remote, I thought that also. It's not big at all, and you can feel the buttons thru the thickest of denim jeans.

i also like the fact I can have all my pre show music playing and all I have to do is press a couple of buttons on the remote and I am in performance mode. Everything is pure quality. I cannot recommend this highly enough. Great purchase and buying experience.

Thank you.

Best always,

Team Deceptively Simple
http://www.deceptivelysimple.com/webpages/video_tour.html
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of gothike
Marty,

You have to troubleshoot. Set up the system again and play your cups and balls song or that elephant walking song, and if it works and plays back properly without drops, then the issue is interference

Streaming audio through Bluetooth is susceptible to interference from devices running in the 2.4mhz range such as wireless phones, Wi-Fi signals, etc.

In rare cases it just might be the song that got corrupted. The MP3 file might have somehow got damaged or is incompatible with the current android operating system on your dell tablet.

Bluetooth is capable of transmitting at a distance of 1 mile but that is with a long external antenna and your speaker system more than likely does not have a long antenna.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2014, TDS wrote:
Hello Marty.

Without getting too deep into the technology, yes, your Bluetooth connection can be stepped on by certain wireless devices operating in the 2.4 GHz spectrum. It is for that reason we do not recommend Bluetooth for a live sound application.

If you are considering a new system for playing your music and sound effects, I recommend looking at Cue Command. Here is a recent post in the Café:

Quote:
On Nov 22, 2014, gmindmagic wrote:
I wanted to ring in and give an unbiased review of Cue Command. I am in no way associated with the company, so this is someone who made a long hard decision before buying. I had asked many a question here before buying this. I also spoke to two people in the corporate market who steered me to this.

I received the system about a week ago. I have used several controllers over the years, from the original Show Tech, to the Media Star and Show Cues on my iPhone and iPad.

The guys at Deceptively Simple were easy to order from they shipped everything the same day I ordered Fed Ex and emailed tracking. Now what they do not mention is when you receive this it comes packaged expertly,( obviously they bought packaging just to ship these units in ) But it also comes in a custom made box just for the system. This is not just someone threw together parts and pieces because they knew about electronics. This is a well thought out system!

The system itself: I put it thru 6 shows so far and I wanted to see if I threw it a curve it would take it, it did! I had a banquet room in a large hotel, I set it up at the back of the room by the sound board, you can adjust the iPad display to show just track numbers you can see a mile away, not a missed cue, flawless performance!

Listen I am a full time pro I depend on things working and this does, it is simply plug and play, just plug it in, plug in your device and the app starts. and it also charges your device. I was concerned with the remote before buying I like a tactile remote you can feel the buttons, this is probably the best I have used to date. I've also heard people on the Café complain about the size of the remote, I thought that also. It's not big at all, and you can feel the buttons thru the thickest of denim jeans.

i also like the fact I can have all my pre show music playing and all I have to do is press a couple of buttons on the remote and I am in performance mode. Everything is pure quality. I cannot recommend this highly enough. Great purchase and buying experience.

Thank you.

Best always,

Team Deceptively Simple
http://www.deceptivelysimple.com/webpages/video_tour.html

Wow, didn't take long to get a plug in?

Marty do a search if Gothike's other posts, he has a lot of great advice about playing audio.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Music Interruptus!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL