The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WIZARD PILLS (new take on Tenyo Trick) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Hey Café!

I think we all love Tenyo tricks but don't want to perform them, as professional magicians, because sometimes...they look like TOYS. So I've been trying to figure out how to 'legitimize' a couple of Tenyo tricks...and here are the results for Crash Dice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyB2eCC7m0w

This is something pros can do, yeah?

Anyway, you can get the trick here:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5045

Enjoy!

-Rick
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Nice idea holding all the dice makes sense & then Bam !!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I have something like that somwhere,i will have to dig it out,nice idea Rick.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
I like both ideas. I would just put the label on the cap because it kind of obscures the effect.
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, tophatter wrote:
Nice idea holding all the dice makes sense & then Bam !!

Thanks TopHatter!
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
I like both ideas. I would just put the label on the cap because it kind of obscures the effect.

Yeah, a label on the cap and a label in front could be good...especially if both are small...not big enough to obscure the die...would just offer some misdirection towards method.
jamesmwood
View Profile
Regular user
Buda, Texas (near Austin)
113 Posts

Profile of jamesmwood
I agree with Rick Lax that Crash Dice is an excellent trick. Unlike many Tenyo tricks, it doesn't look like it came out of an eight-year-old's magic set. And Rick's idea of disguising the plastic container as a bottle of "Wizard Pills" is clever. Below is my review of the trick.

Review of Tenyo Crash Dice

In this effect a white die is shown inside a small transparent container that looks like an over-sized pill bottle. When the bottle is given a shake, the die visibly and impossibly morphs into eight tiny dice (or alternatively, into a transparent red die).

Crash Dice is startling and visually attractive. It can be performed surrounded and close-up. It might make a good flash opener for walk-around.

It has two drawbacks though. First, clean-up is a bit of a challenge. The trick comes with instructions for cleaning up, but they're impractical unless you happen to be seated at a table and can pull a Slydini. It took me several days to find a way to clean up when performing the trick standing up.

Second, the trick partly depends on a gimmick in the bottle. With a little ingenuity the gimmick can be disguised, allowing the bottle to be handed out for inspection. Nevertheless, I wish the bottle lid was designed to completely conceal the gimmick.

Despite the shortcomings, I'm enthusiastic about this little trick. It looks like real magic and is fairly easy to perform (once you've figured out the clean-up). This is one of Tenyo's more inspired creations. I give it a rating of 7 stars out of 10.
Jim Wood
Buda, Texas (near Austin)
jawood@utep.edu
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, jamesmwood wrote:
I agree with Rick Lax that Crash Dice is an excellent trick. Unlike many Tenyo tricks, it doesn't look like it came out of an eight-year-old's magic set. And Rick's idea of disguising the plastic container as a bottle of "Wizard Pills" is clever. Below is my review of the trick.

Review of Tenyo Crash Dice

In this effect a white die is shown inside a small transparent container that looks like an over-sized pill bottle. When the bottle is given a shake, the die visibly and impossibly morphs into eight tiny dice (or alternatively, into a transparent red die).

Crash Dice is startling and visually attractive. It can be performed surrounded and close-up. It might make a good flash opener for walk-around.

It has two drawbacks though. First, clean-up is a bit of a challenge. The trick comes with instructions for cleaning up, but they're impractical unless you happen to be seated at a table and can pull a Slydini. It took me several days to find a way to clean up when performing the trick standing up.

Second, the trick partly depends on a gimmick in the bottle. With a little ingenuity the gimmick can be disguised, allowing the bottle to be handed out for inspection. Nevertheless, I wish the bottle lid was designed to completely conceal the gimmick.

Despite the shortcomings, I'm enthusiastic about this little trick. It looks like real magic and is fairly easy to perform (once you've figured out the clean-up). This is one of Tenyo's more inspired creations. I give it a rating of 7 stars out of 10.

Agree with all this. 7 of 10 a fair rating.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WIZARD PILLS (new take on Tenyo Trick) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL