The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » You Asked For It! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Because of overwhelming demand by the people of the United States, your wish is the government's command:

Billion Dollar Surveillance Blimp to Launch over Maryland
"In just a few days, the Army will launch the first of two massive blimps over Maryland, the last gasp of an 18-year-long $2.8-billion Army project intended to use giant airships to defend against cruise missiles.

And while the blimps may never stave off a barrage of enemy missiles, their ability to spot and track cars, trucks and boats hundreds of miles away is raising serious privacy concerns.
Technically considered aerostats, since they are tethered to mooring stations, these lighter-than-air vehicles will hover at a height of 10,000 feet just off Interstate 95, about 45 miles northeast of Washington, D.C., and about 20 miles from Baltimore. That means they can watch what’s happening from North Carolina to Boston, or an area the size of Texas"

More here: https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/......aryland/
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The all seeing eye. It's part of the new World Order which does not exist.

A drone almost hit a commercial plane here the other day.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
~michael baker
The Magic Company
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Will your soldiers win hearts and minds by offering free blimp rides?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18033 Posts

Profile of Slim King
$2.8 Billion is a lot of money!!!!! Who is behind this expenditure? I mean ... Really behind it.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Goodyear!
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Ah, the mega-billion dollar security industry strikes again.

I can imagine that scene in "The Graduate" where the guy whispers into Dustin Hoffman's ear. Today, he would say "security."
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
JoshTmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
265 Posts

Profile of JoshTmagic
Crazy Stuff!
So are the blimps controlled from the ground?
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Dec 18, 2014, Slim King wrote:
$2.8 Billion is a lot of money!!!!! Who is behind this expenditure? I mean ... Really behind it.

$2.8-billion Army project.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » You Asked For It! (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL