The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Miscellaneous Memdeck Tricks on Youtube (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cain
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
1553 Posts

Profile of Cain
In a way, it's a shame not as many people use a mem-stack, but then, I guess that makes for a tighter community among users. In the interests of ginning up activity, here's a thread to post random Youtube performances (your own or others).

This is TJ Shoesmith at the Magic Castle. He opens with an interesting handling of a Michael Close/Allan Ackerman(?) idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sO6uVTQkWY
Ellusionst discussing the Arcane Playing cards: "Michaelangelo took four years to create the Sistine Chapel masterpiece... these took five."

Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes: "You know Einstein got bad grades as a kid? Well, mine are even worse!"
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2014, Cain wrote:
In a way, it's a shame not as many people use a mem-stack,...

With all respect, this time I do not agree with you.
In my opinion, it is a BLESSING that not as many people use a mem-stack Smile (let's keep it like that ! )
alicauchy
View Profile
Veteran user
Málaga, Spain
310 Posts

Profile of alicauchy
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2014, Waterloophai wrote:
Quote:

In my opinion, it is a BLESSING that not as many people use a mem-stack Smile (let's keep it like that ! )

Of course, it is good for those in-the-know.
So much to do, so little time . . .
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
In a way, it's a shame not as many people use a mem-stack, but then, I guess that makes for a tighter community among users. In the interests of ginning up activity, here's a thread to post random Youtube performances (your own or others).

This is TJ Shoesmith at the Magic Castle. He opens with an interesting handling of a Michael Close/Allan Ackerman(?) idea.

I like the CF combo there.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
Quote:

Yes! Couldn't agree more Smile . Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
dannywu
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of dannywu
Quote:
Quote:

Yes!
Remillard
View Profile
New user
Mississauga, On
84 Posts

Profile of Remillard
Quote:
Quote:

Indeed.
stickmondoo
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stickmondoo
Quote:

That is my all time favourite trick. Just jazzing with a Mem deck. Brilliant performance. He got lucky a couple of times. Always nice ü
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
To just post a reply saying yes or indeed just to boost your count is not really the way to use the Café. I just point this out because all posts of that sort will not count.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Yeah!
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
TerrorInt
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of TerrorInt
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2015, stickmondoo wrote:
That is my all time favourite trick. Just jazzing with a Mem deck. Brilliant performance. He got lucky a couple of times. Always nice ü

Agreed. My main focus is on memdeck-based effects and routines. I practice by "jazzing" because it is important (to me, anyway) to be able to launch into something regardless of what index I end up beginning on. With enough familiarity, you should be able to cut the deck and launch a trick or effect with minimal or no fussing over what card is on top.
jeebs9
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of jeebs9
So I've been practicing these effects for the last few months. But I've been watching Doug McKenzie clips.
LeBron James, CP3 and Carmelo
https://youtu.be/79g2OAFQFHk?t=1m12s (What kind card production is that at the end?)

I loved this performance because the other guy is trying to learn magic and trick him. But the tables get turned very quickly on him lol
https://youtu.be/77b_u8oc9yQ?t=1m29s

Is there any books out there on this kind of "jazzing"?
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:

Thanks for sharing this. Yes, the opener is Mike Close's ID, which is a memdeck refinement of Ackerman's Impromptu Ultra Mental.

I LOVE Shoesmith's handling, and he is so deft I can't spot the move (which is actually different from the one in the Close original). I know what he does and where it is, but he is so smooth that he has perfected the illusion that the entire deck was face up all along except for the chosen card.
Ferry Gerats
View Profile
Regular user
the Netherlands
190 Posts

Profile of Ferry Gerats
Cain and Jeebs 9 thanks a lot for posting the links!
jeebs9
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of jeebs9
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2015, ferrymagic wrote:
Cain and Jeebs 9 thanks a lot for posting the links!

They are amazing. I've watched those videos about 200 times each trying to break down each trick. Does anyone know if there is any material out on this type of jazzing? I'd love to get it as clean as Doug and TJ have it. While I can do the trick. It doesn't look as clean as they do. And I usually have to ask 2 questions before I control the card. But Doug... seems to have a super natural ability of finding the card. Is he using a pinky count or something else?
Doug McKenzie
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
326 Posts

Profile of Doug McKenzie
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2015, jeebs9 wrote:
They are amazing. I've watched those videos about 200 times each trying to break down each trick

Thanks for all the youtube views ;-)
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, Doug McKenzie wrote:
Quote:
They are amazing. I've watched those videos about 200 times each trying to break down each trick

Doug shouldnt brag, but that wont stop me from bragging for him lol I've seen tons of people jazz (ok maybe tons of people don't jazz lol) and have to say Doug is by far one of the best. His chill, laid back demeanor, mixed with his killer chops is a unique blend that creates the perfect storm.
jeebs9
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of jeebs9
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, SIX wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, Doug McKenzie wrote:
Quote:

Doug shouldnt brag, but that wont stop me from bragging for him lol I've seen tons of people jazz (ok maybe tons of people don't jazz lol) and have to say Doug is by far one of the best. His chill, laid back demeanor, mixed with his killer chops is a unique blend that creates the perfect storm.

That is my favorite part. His hands make one move and he keeps eye contact with the subject. Takes a glimpse here and there. And Boom! Mic drop moment. All while being super chill about the whole thing. I'm getting there.. But I can't help myself but to laugh when I'm doing it.
AznSAmagic
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
93 Posts

Profile of AznSAmagic
I reviewed the Close version / Trapdoor version / Harris AOA version... I still cannot see what Shoesmith is doing! I like his handling. Very smooth.
Cerca Trova
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2015, AznSAmagic wrote:
I reviewed the Close version / Trapdoor version / Harris AOA version... I still cannot see what Shoesmith is doing! I like his handling. Very smooth.

Check your PMs.

Les
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Miscellaneous Memdeck Tricks on Youtube (16 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL