The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism for strolling performers. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
I am in the process of writing an ebook 'mentalism for strolling performers'.

I started writing this book for myself rather than as a publishable work. As a wedding entertainer, I am constantly sifting through effects and testing what works and doesn't in a real world strolling environment.

As you can imagine, very few effects are suitable for strolling. So I started to keep a journal of strong effects, my variations and refinements and my own creations.

This ebook will detail these effects with an emphasis on making them work in a strolling environment. It will be full of performance tips from someone that does this type of work.

Also included will be my tips on getting booked, where to find work, how to advertise and where.

Available early next year, the price - £25 (about $40)
There is no holy grail!
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Sounds interesting - I'll be keen to see what you've learned since this post:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......544395#0

Best,

Atlas
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Yes, I remember that post. I would never contemplate doing "strolling Mentalism" - for me, it is an oxymoron.

Good luck with the release. It is a little expensive though when you consider your question from February of this year.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Mentalism strolling routines off the top of my head - spoon/coin/fork bends, star sign pa, peeked mind read (via wallet/ct), swami effects (guessing age/change in pocket/letters of name), radar deck, anything with a stacked deck, 21st century phantom, timeless, invisible touch, iunlockyourmind, mixed symbols by jim sisti, coin in hand and palm readings

I'd be more interested in your tips about getting more bookings, perhaps you could release that as a separate book?
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Yep a lot changes in 10 months. Once you take that step and just jump in. In that time I have made a lot of mistakes and missteps and I'm still progressing as a performer but also on the business side of things.

That being said I have a healthy diary for the New Year with weddings. I am also out doing other gigs every weekend. I will take on board the pricing and may lower it. I'm just dipping my toes into writing and want to impart any knowledge I have gleaned so far - especially on which effects I think work and why. Also which don't - as I have learnt the hard way!
There is no holy grail!
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Taking everything into account. I would not like to presume I have the experience or knowledge to tell anyone about this business.

My post was a bit arrogant of me. Everyday, there are new hyped releases to the community. I have rallied against some of this myself. There are is already plenty of material out there from a lot of respected mentalists.

I am happy making what I do from performing. This ebook is just my own working doc that I was going to edit. However, I feel it would be wrong to release and charge for my own thoughts. Therefore, if anyone is interested - when it is ready you can pay what you want for it.
There is no holy grail!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism for strolling performers. (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL