The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » I just got back from a superbowl party I was hired for... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nate
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of nate
And it went great a lot better than I expected (my first real gig). Some effects I did where 2 Card Monte, Here then There, Ambitous Card, and several other effects with cards.

I also did most of the material on Osterlind's first dvd. It blew them away. I did the PCT several times and It floored em everytime. Anyone else do a superbowl party? Smile
ralphdean
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Ca
300 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
Congratulations! It is wonderful when things go well. I just ordered Osterlind's videos so I can not wait to go thru them.
nate
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of nate
Ralphdean,
You will not regret purchasing these videos, it's the best investment I've made since I've been in magic, ( and at this time I only have vol.1, waiting on three to arrive).

There is a down side to the story though. I had the whole party videotaped, and it was just awesome my first gig video taped and awesome reactions. For instance, I did Osterlind's Radar Deck and one girl had picked a card in her mind ahead of time and not one from the part of the deck she had seen, so needless to say I didn't get her card right.

Once she told me she did it wrong I said, "Okay, think of the card you had chosen beforehand." and I nailed on the head. What a fluke I thought. She went nuts screaming and talking about how she had goose bumps. So I got home to wacth the tape and when I took it out of the recorder the tape broke! Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Do you know you can use scotch tape to repair the tape. Just apply on smooth side.

You may have to take the case apart, just some small screws.

Bill
nate
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of nate
Wmhegbli, can you give me some more details on fixing this damaged tape myself?

Smile
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
Nate, since this was an important gig & video. Don't risk a quick fix. Take it into a local shop & have it repaired. It probably won't cost much & the repair will be more permanent.
nate
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of nate
Allan, after trying and deciding I couldn't do it myself, I called a local place and they said they could fix it for ten dollars and put it on dvd for twenty-nine dollars. So I think I am going to go for that. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » I just got back from a superbowl party I was hired for... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL