The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Pressley Guitar Gaffs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
54 Posts

Profile of MERose
I recently obtained some Pressley Guitar gaffed coins in an old collection I bought. There is even a Pressley Guitar flyer describing his coin gaffs he sold. There is a Copper/Silver/Brass set and a Chinatown Half set. Does anyone know how to date Pressley Guitar coins? The half dollars are dated 1967 and 1968 but I assume that doesn't mean he made the gaffs those years. When was Pressley Guitar manufacturing coins? All I know is that it was sometime in the 1970's. Any other info about him would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike Rose
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Pressley is still around. He was at a convention a few years ago selling some things he had from when he was still manufacturing.
MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
54 Posts

Profile of MERose
Wow that's great news! Does anyone have contact info for him? Is he on the Café?

Mike
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
He might be.
You might find using private messages to ask some folks from that area a quicker path for help making contact.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
That is really surprising news that he is back making products. He told me 20 or so years ago, he gave it up. I contacted him maybe 10 years ago and he would not make me a coin gaff. Good to hear he is back at it.

I think he gave it up back then because Johnson Products "borrowed" all his items and manufactured them. Anyway, that is the story I heard. I was told by other sources the Silver, Copper, Brass and Cig-thru-quarter was his designs. He was hard to find back then. You might look up his add in the old Linking Ring Magazines and check the address is still good.
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
[quote]On Jan 8, 2015, Tom G wrote:
Pressley is still around. He was at a convention a few years ago selling some things he had from when he was still manufacturing.

[quote]On Jan 10, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:
That is really surprising news that he is back making products.

Did you read the entire message? It clearly says he was "... selling some thing from when he was still manufacturing."

Says nothing about him currently making products.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Pressley Guitar Gaffs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL