The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Fisrt time very timid busk attemp..impression and request for help (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MagicofDesperado
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of MagicofDesperado
That's weird evil Dan that "watch" has never worked for you. What pitch is your regular daily pitch?

Dartagnan
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I didn't say never.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
MagicofDesperado
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of MagicofDesperado
Which pitch again?
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I like to keep my pitches to myself.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
You will see results after 1000 shows.
Mortimer Graves
View Profile
Special user
New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A.
556 Posts

Profile of Mortimer Graves
I saw results after only 999 shows, but good results took me a few extra tries.

After about 10,000 shows, I knew I was good. It took me that long to stop wanting to show magic to my friends for free, and think of it as a real job.

Now I just kinda don't care any more. I do stuff for people when I can, they usually enjoy it, and they pay me for it without me having to beg them to. It's good enough for me.

Other days, it just rains.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds.

Hastur, Hastur, Hastur! See? Nothing hap-

...and if we rub each other the wrong way, let's try going in another direction. - Pokey the Porcupine
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
924 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
Good Morning!

When I busk, I do it in what is considered one of the most difficult cities for street performers in the USA, Atlanta Georgia. When I first started street performing my routine consisted of the following:

1) Silk Vanish - Draw

2) Sponge Ball Routine - Build (Close-up, great reactions, makes them come closer to see what is going on).

Show

3) Invisible Deck (Sometimes performed as a mind reading effect others as a comedy bit with the original "Invisible" premise).

4) Linking Ring 4 Ring routine (Pop Hayden Teaching Act)

5) Rope Routine - No Scissors - Fiber Optics style routine.

I used (and still do use) a blue and white rope to create "my space" on the sidewalk. I would lay my props neatly on the ground inside my circle. I dressed nice, you know, like a Magician....and I made a special magic wand. This wand is a piece of hardwood dowel rod that is 3/4" it has copper pipe caps glued to the ends. You can bang this stick really hard on the concrete and you will only ding up the copper some. I will bang the stick a few times like a judge banging a gavel and then yell "MAGIC SHOW!" I will repeat this in a few different directions, shouting towards the largest concentrations of people nearby. This method also works well at festivals.

I eventually added the cups and balls to my show, necessitating that I also add a table. Do I make more money now? Yes. Is it because I added the cups and balls? I don't think so. I think it is because I have learned how to better work a crowd. In fact I did some experimenting and found that if I do a 3 effect show, not including the draw and build, so really 5 I guess, but found that 3 effects and about 15 minutes is best. It maximizes turnover but still gives your audience a show that is worth $5s and up!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Fisrt time very timid busk attemp..impression and request for help (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL