The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Masonic Mark Master Tokens (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
Hello,
in my little collection of magical things I use to entertain Children, I do not only have
things to do magic with, but also things that are generally cool (like a tiny bean with 10 ivory elephants inside).
I also have a couple of Masonic Mark Tokens.

Since there where a couple of threads around coins and bizzar effects surronding these, I wanted to ask if you all are aware of Mark Tokens
(A Shop where you can buy Mark Tokens)?
They usually look quite mystic and old, they have a lot of symbolism and they cost little money (if you happen to be a Mark Master Mason you get them
every now and then for free)
And secondly I wanted to ask if anybody is aware of an effect using such Tokens?
Mortimer Graves
View Profile
Special user
New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.A.
556 Posts

Profile of Mortimer Graves
I've done effects with them when invited to perform at lodges, but not outside of that venue. I can certainly see the appeal. They're intentionally mystical in appearance, and a lot of Masons enjoy magic. I get along with them pretty well, myself.

Being friends with Masons while myself being a non-joiner, I'd feel a little weird about using them outside of that environment, just in case a spectator started trying to give me a "grip" or whatever, but that's just me. I know a lot more about Masonic stuff than I probably should, not actually being one, but whatever.

I think they're pretty neat, and some of the symbolism on them is really cool and occult-y.

Nice link, by the way; seems you can have custom tokens made (at least if you're affiliated with a lodge), as well. Nifty stuff.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds.

Hastur, Hastur, Hastur! See? Nothing hap-

...and if we rub each other the wrong way, let's try going in another direction. - Pokey the Porcupine
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I use a very old masonic token, quite similar to the one in the link, in a routine called 'the Jar of Dreams'.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I have a few but have never considered using them for a routine, but then again I don't really do any coin stuff anyway.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Aurum
View Profile
New user
Wiltshire, UK
75 Posts

Profile of Aurum
Oh yes, a nice routine with a Mark token would be a great addition to the Masonic repertoire.

Collection thus far includes a customised Hobbs box, Duel and Equinox.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2015, The Curator wrote:
I use a very old masonic token, quite similar to the one in the link, in a routine called 'the Jar of Dreams'.

Is that similar to the routine called a "Can of Worms"?
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Mortimer Graves
View Profile
Special user
556 Posts

I used to open with the Can of Worms, but it got messy. I used maggots. They're really difficult to control when there's more than a thousand of them.

...and if we rub each other the wrong way, let's try going in another direction. - Pokey the Porcupine
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Mortimer, you need my new limited hand aged pdf, "maggots and the mystery entertainer" . Read it while fishing !
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I have found , If you gaff the maggots, you can throw them off your Hobb's box.
Also, you can run them across the table with a little sumptin strapped to your knee !

I've been wanting to come up with an effect, that use *hor* House tokens.
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Mortimer Graves
View Profile
Special user
556 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 10, 2015, Godzilla wrote:
Also, you can run them across the table with a little sumptin strapped to your knee !

If I can strap it at knee level it ain't that little, dude. Think about it.

Oh, you meant a midget! I'm so sorry! Yeah, the midget can work the gaff!

Aw, man, it makes total sense now! Thank you, Godzilla!

Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I'm so happy I was able to derail this thread... Sorry Malakim nothing personal I'm just a loser Smile and no I don't know where to get them. I don't use tokens except I do have a really nice Oracle coin from Dead on Paper, unfortunately they are sold out again! I highly recommend them.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Darkness, Uh Uh !
You have Zombie Coins from the future ! Smile

& Mortimer, lol
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Bella Morte
View Profile
New user
Creole Sorceress and Tainted Magnolia
31 Posts

Profile of Bella Morte
Is there a source for Masonic tokens in the US? I have found jewelry, but so far no tokens.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I forgot about the Zombie coin Smile
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2015, Darkness wrote:
I forgot about the Zombie coin Smile

I did not ! Smile

I'm glad you posted ... gives me a excuse to repost and also say Welcome Back to the 'lovely' Bella Morte !

Tainted or Not ! lol
Bella Morte
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Bella Morte
Merci mon beau lézard, Godzilla! You can always find me in St. Louis Cemetary #3 in New Orleans if I am ever absent for too long!

I was entombed in a damp stone crypt for several months. A ritual that I often repeat to keep my complexion the color of amber moonlight. Not to worry, mon beau! I am only slightly tainted!
Mortimer Graves
View Profile
Special user
556 Posts

I swear I'll stop stealing the candy and cigars off of your tomb, miss Morte. I honestly didn't know it was you in there. A thousand pardons.

Bella Morte
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Bella Morte
Mortimer, mon ami, you are forgiven. No more stinky cigars, but please do place a La Maison du Chocolat inside the tomb at midnight!
Mortimer Graves
View Profile
Special user
556 Posts

Most definitely. My spirit friends tell me that every true lady likes those, and I always take their advice.

Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Masonic Mark Master Tokens (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL