The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How manu half dollar do I need? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Davidmagicman
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Davidmagicman
Thanks for your tip Dale Smile
/

David The Magicman
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
David...

Card "Fanning Powder" is actually ZINC STEARATE.--available relatively cheap at most pharmacies.

It is a drying agent. (Ask the pharmacist) >>> Do not inhale the "dust"~!<<<<

Years ago, it was used as a talcum powder (baby diapers). Then it was realized that the baby could easily be inhaling the fine dust. Not good for infant's lungs!

When I treat a deck of cards, I always get a little on my hands, because, after treating the cards, they must be "exercised" (!!!???). I liked the "feel" of it. You MAY find it helps you with sweaty palms.

If it's not available easily in Sweden, I can mail you a couple spoons full! I would just put a spoon full in a plastic sandwich bag. It would take up no space in an envelope, and customs wouldn't bother it.

I was going to offer you a few old English Pennies, but Dale O'Neill is a lot closer!

I tried the link, but could not get it...I probably entered it incorrectly.

Paste that (The performer is more important than the prop!) on your shaving mirror!!!!!!!!!!!!! hee hee!

If you are able to get access to old video tapes of comedians like JACK BENNY, or GEORGE BURNS, STUDY them (TIMING!!!;) One of the all time great Jack Benny "bits" was the "hold up man" sketch. The guy pulls a gun and demands of Jack: "Your money or your life!" There's a five second (!) pause. The crook repeats: "Your money or your life!" Another five second delay. Finally, Benny responds, "I'm thinking it over."

The audience LAUGHED!!!!!! (Benny's "persona" was that of a miser)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2015, Dick Oslund wrote:
David...

If it's not available easily in Sweden, I can mail you a couple spoons full! I would just put a spoon full in a plastic sandwich bag. It would take up no space in an envelope, and customs wouldn't bother it.

I wouldn't make book on that!
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Davidmagicman
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Davidmagicman
Ok Smile
The link was http://www.gycklaren.com/en/articles/2.5......coin-box
In same store they have Fanning Powder so I get it for there.
/

David The Magicman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » How manu half dollar do I need? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL