The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Is the economy getting better? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Are your gigs picking up? My business has gone up last year. It was not too much of a difference in weekend shows. But last year was the most amount of shows I have ever performed during weekdays. Basically because of day camps and libraries. I think it was because of the economy.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I sure hope so. The economy seems to be a roller-coaster. I have not seen a consistent incline.

It's always hard to to know if we are improving because we are more skilled, better known, and more effective promoters each year, or because of the economy. I have seen your posts over the past year, Mike, and it seems you have been very self-aware of your advertising and promotions. efforts.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I was thinking about this the other day, and remembered this thread.

--> Magic Café thread titled... As the price of gas goes up, the number ......way down

Now that gas prices are lower, does that mean that shows have increased? Or will people find something else to blame? In my opinion, knowledge and action seem to be the key to turning things around (what Mark said above).

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2015, Starrpower wrote:
I have seen your posts over the past year, Mike, and it seems you have been very self-aware of your advertising and promotions. efforts.

Publicity has been great for me this year. I have learned a lot. I am planning to keep climbing that ladder for this year. It is best to set your plans. "If you fail to plan you plan to fail."
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Another relevant thread:

--> Magic Café thread titled... Active Marketing vs. Passive Marketing

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks, Donald. When are they going to make you the Café's "Link Moderator?" Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Is the economy getting better? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL