The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you any of you really believe in psychics? (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
top_illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
USA
146 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
Wow its been 3 years since someone has replied, but Im going to jump in here for a sec and offer my opinion just for the sake of argument on the subject. Psychics exist in physical form like magicians do. We have an associated title given to us by the nature of what our chosen profession is. So in that sense, yes they do exist. However, I think what really happens behind the scenes that causes these foretold events to occur coincidentally sometimes is the affirmation and influence of words from the psychic that takes over unconsciously in that persons mind to begin to attract manifestations to take place. In other words, that person has been told certain things will happen in their lives, so now they are completely aware of those statements and start to look for it or their mind expects it to happen at any given point in their life. Its all about the mind, body and spirit connection. Look into Rene Descartes theories from 1596 to 1650 for his ideas and possible explanations on the subject (dualism, simulated reality etc..). Hence his famous quote .. "I think, therefore I am." What the mind believes the body will follow suit. You can start on some of his basic philosophies at this link below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9_Descartes
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hilarious.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Educational.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gMfCTBkMgKY

“And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart; I drink, therefore I am!”
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
top_illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
USA
146 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I do believe because I am experienced. Many days something happened exactly or similar to my dream the following evening. It started when I was young. I do not try to control anything. It happens on its own.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2018, top_illusionist wrote:
More interesting info ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBl0cwyn5GY

This is AWESOME!!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2018, Dynamike wrote:
I do believe because I am experienced. Many days something happened exactly or similar to my dream the following evening. It started when I was young. I do not try to control anything. It happens on its own.

What exactly do you believe? That dreams can foretell the future? What counts as a "hit"? How many matching elements of a dream must there be in order for it to be considered "exact" or "similar"? For example, If I dreamt that I found a Play 3 Lottery ticket on the sidewalk that had the numbers 1-2-3, and the next day my coworker came up to me and showed me his ticket with the numbers 5-2-3, would that be a hit?

What is your best example of a dream that came true for you?

Thanks,
Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2018, R.S. wrote:
Quote:

I am alive the next day.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2018, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I am alive the next day.

What do you mean by that? You had a dream that you were alive and then when you woke up you discovered that it was true???

Ron
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2018, higginstokes wrote:
I make my living as a professional psychic. Magic is my hobby. I have gathered a client list of thousands of people over 31 years. I would be very happy to answer any questions on this matter provided they are couched in a respectful manner and are not overly aggressive. I do know what "cold reading" is of course but I personally do not find it necessary to use it.

Interesting. Exactly what abilities do you possess? What do your clients pay you to do for them?

Thanks.

Ron
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Oct 4, 2018, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I am alive the next day.

What do you mean by that? You had a dream that you were alive and then when you woke up you discovered that it was true???

Ron

Correct. I have a strong feeling the opposite will happen also. I have no dream of me being awake the next day, then I will never awake.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I am alive the next day.

Ron

Correct. I have a strong feeling the opposite will happen also. I have no dream of me being awake the next day, then I will never awake.

Wait, so every night you have a dream, and in that dream you consciously think to yourself that a) it's the next day, and b) you are alive? You actually have that dream every single night of your entire life?

I have never had that dream, yet I am alive. What do you make of that? Do you infer that I am just not psychic?

Ron
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
. . . I am alive.

Are you sure?

How could you falsify that claim?
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2018, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
. . . I am alive.

Are you sure?

I am as sure of that as I can be of anything. But, I (me personally) could never falsify my own claim of being alive, as it would require my dead self to make the refutation. However, the state of my being alive or dead can be ascertained by others. Now, unless you believe that you're corresponding with a dead man right now, I'll go out on a limb and say I'm alive. Do you have reason to believe otherwise?

As far as Dynamike, I'm not sure what point he's trying to make. In fact, I suspect some playful trolling going on here. Maybe. We'll see.

Ron Smile
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2018, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
. . . I am alive.

Are you sure?

I am as sure of that as I can be of anything. But, I (me personally) could never falsify my own claim of being alive, as it would require my dead self to make the refutation. However, the state of my being alive or dead can be ascertained by others. Now, unless you believe that you're corresponding with a dead man right now, I'll go out on a limb and say I'm alive. Do you have reason to believe otherwise?

Descartes put it more eloquently, I submit.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
. . . I am alive.

Are you sure?

Descartes put it more eloquently, I submit.

Well, let's wait a few hundred years and see who gets quoted more - me or Descartes.

Ron Smile
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
Quote:
I make my living as a professional psychic. Magic is my hobby. I have gathered a client list of thousands of people over 31 years. I would be very happy to answer any questions on this matter provided they are couched in a respectful manner and are not overly aggressive. I do know what "cold reading" is of course but I personally do not find it necessary to use it.

Interesting. Exactly what abilities do you possess? What do your clients pay you to do for them?

Thanks.

Ron

Hey where did Higginstokes go???

Ron
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Ron

Hey where did Higginstokes go???

Ron

He vanished into thin air, that’s what real psychics do.

Tom Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Do you any of you really believe in psychics? (37 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL