The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Piddington's Secrets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I see there is a hardback available at Amazon and Lybrary.com of the same name. Anyone have any reviews? If you're familiar with two person codes, I wonder if this book revealing their secrets is usable or is it more of a fascinating expose' and history book.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I've just finished reading this.

Firstly, there are numerous errors in punctuation and spelling. This is odd, because the author claims to be a professional journalist and there is also a credit for an editor.

The content is fascinating as a historical record. Some of the techniques may work today, but no-one would be able to present the act in the same way.

Whether or not you buy the book, listen to the broadcasts on thepiddingtons.com first. There are five of them, and each is analysed in a separate chapter in the book, after a few introductory chapters covering the principles. My honest suggestion is that you listen to the broadcasts but don't buy the book - stay as amazed as the radio audience.

Barry
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I remember seeing them on TV many moons ago. If I remember correctly, he was in the studio while she was apparently picking uphis thoughts while she was onboard an aircraft.
A very entertaining bit of television, it was in black and white, remember that.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Thanks for the advice
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, george1953 wrote:
I remember seeing them on TV many moons ago. If I remember correctly, he was in the studio while she was apparently picking uphis thoughts while she was onboard an aircraft.
A very entertaining bit of television, it was in black and white, remember that.

This is on YouTube - it was filmed by Pathe News. Actually, you'll find two clips; the very short official Pathe film and out-takes including another test.

Barry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Piddington's Secrets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL