The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Your favorite way to change a regular coin to a Jumbo coin? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zephury
View Profile
Elite user
Hollywood, FL
488 Posts

Profile of Zephury
Well.. I'm not too sure of how many methods there actually are, but I haven't heard of all that many.

The question is...

What is your favorite way to do the jumbo coin Finale on a one coin routine (or for other routines alike)?

What pocket do you keep it in, which way do you change it?

Trying to explore other methods to see if I can find one I like more than the one I currently do as I'm not entirely happy with it. I would also like to hear your theory behind it or any other notes you have based on the jumbo coin production/change.

I personally keep it in my back right pocket. At the end, I turn my left side more towards the audience to hide the action of getting the coin in to Tenkai, then I return to my usual position standing and do a spellbound move over it. Coin in left hand, jumbo in right hand (Tenkai)

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for responses! Smile
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of drmagico
I usually keep mine on a clip inside my jacket. If not wearing a jacket the back pocket. You can also keep in tucked in your belt between your belt line and your body, even if in the front if you are wearing a jacket for cover. Shoot Ogawa produces jumbo coin from purse frame in one of his coin routines. There are many different ways you just have to research some more and experiment on your own...Howard
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
1. Go to U.S. Toys magic and buy one
2. Inside jacket pocket, and then into left sleeve
3. left jacket pocket
4. back pants left side pocket
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
662 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
I go the David Roth route - tucked into the belt. Follow his instructions exactly and the steal is invisible.
I also forget how powerful the spider vanish and reproduction is at that point. I get a great reaction when I produce that coin again, which takes all heat off the other hand.

I'll either do the shuttle pass change or hang pien chen into their hands. Depends on the spectator; if they're going along for the ride, I'll change it in their hands. I've heard that person describe the trick to someone else and said the coin grew in her closed hand without me touching it!

My jumbo has no milling and is really hard to tenkai. Also, the ways I do it can be done COMPLETELY surrounded. I perform it in a high school where I'm surrounded by people taller and shorter than me - my angles need to be 360!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I use a hold out inside my jacket http://www.thecuckoosnest.com/zencart/ze......_id=1397 it also holds a bunch of coins for a misers dream final dump. The way it is designed, I can fill it with my misers dream coins then load the jumbo in the end. pulling out the jumbo will not dump the coins. it is a pretty sturdy "squeeze type" hinge.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Your favorite way to change a regular coin to a Jumbo coin? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL