The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Quantum Bender 2 Stolen! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Alright well, this probably isn't the place for this post so mods please move it to wherever it would need to go, because I don't know.

On Monday evening I attended a little get together here in LA with some other performers. At some point during the night, someone boosted my QB2 from my jacket pocket that was on the back of a chair. There were about 9 guys there, and I have no clue who swiped it.

I am posting this here to let everyone know that if a QB2 pops up for sale here and you are interested, it may be stolen goods. I had engraved a small SB (my initials) at the very bottom of the bender. If you see that, you know it was mine. PLEASE notify me if this pops up. I will be watching as well as watching the big auction site.

I did file a police report due to the sheer value of the bender.

Thanks all.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
That's horrible! I can't imagine that a fellow performer could be such a low-life.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Sorry to hear that Smile
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
While I didn't know everyone there, I certainly did not think in a million years I had to worry about such a thing. Lesson learned I suppose. And none of these guys were younger than 30. Ugh.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Swipe a mans wallet, well that's bad but sadly does happen. Swipe a mans QB. that's totally 100% unforgivable. Hope it turns up safely and they get what they deserve!!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Nits the way the world is going unfortunately. I don't trust anyone these days, I did a show for the local police here. One of them is a magician, I was invited by him to come along and do something after the meal.
I had a couple of puzzles that I took along, one was a handcuff puzzle . And just so you know everybody there that night was known by me, you guessed it the puzzle was stolen.
Maybe because of the fact it used handcuffs, the sad thing is
I bought it at a local market and if someone was interested I could of told them where to get it. It only cost 5 Euros, my policeman friend has since kept an eye out for it but its never shown up. So it seems you really can't trust anyone.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Now that IS a tragic story George. There's still a few honest folks in the world but the numbers are dwindling every year.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
That's despicable.

On a side note, I have a QB2 for sale in the "Let's Make a Deal" section. Not sure how new it is, but I need to dump it ASAP so please make an offer.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
That's despicable.

On a side note, I have a QB2 for sale in the "Let's Make a Deal" section. Not sure how new it is, but I need to dump it ASAP so please make an offer.

You mean the one with "SB" engraved at the bottom? Sorry, that wasn't funny nor is sbay's loss.

However, I don't think it signals the decline of our society. The tendency to long after "the good old days" and define the current generation as the problem is cyclical and seems to emerge in direct relationship to our aging. Bob, break out "Trouble In River City!"
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Yes, it's time to break out the band and wash our troubles away!

Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Alas, the band may have trouble playing. Somebody stole the mouthpiece to my sousaphone.

(True -- at a gathering of activist street bands. Sigh. Not a Quantum Bender, but also not a trivial item. I felt similarly disappointed in my fellow humans.)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Are you sure it was one of them, and you didn't just drop it or it fell out of a pocket?
I've asked to be banned
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
A friend of mine said something to make me stop and think. He said "do you remember in the 70s when we used to go to the snooker club and make fun of the old guys in the corner" . I said of course I do, he answered we ARE those old guys now. Certainly made me think.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
True story - I almost lost (misplaced) my QB3 about 4 years ago after an evening at ...um... Shall we say a "gentlman's club" for a friend's bachelor party.

Since QB is my signature routine and I didn't have a back up, I was devastated when I came home "empty handed"

(Please no chuckles, this is a very serious story!)

Next day I called the "establishment" and described the missing QB as best I could.

"OH YEAH, someone found that thing. It didn't write and no one knew what it was. We have it at the front desk" they said. Whew!

I can't resist saying it but sometimes in these situations there can be a "happy" ending 😄
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, george1953 wrote:
Its the way the world is going unfortunately. I don't trust anyone these days...

Yep. True. Assume everyone is a thief! Watch your stuff like a hawk! Sad...but it's reality.

Doug
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
What do you think a fair price is for a used stolen QB2?

What a doosh. Sorry, mate.

Preston
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Zero
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, sbays wrote:
Alright well, this probably isn't the place for this post so mods please move it to wherever it would need to go, because I don't know.

On Monday evening I attended a little get together here in LA with some other performers. At some point during the night, someone boosted my QB2 from my jacket pocket that was on the back of a chair. There were about 9 guys there, and I have no clue who swiped it.

I am posting this here to let everyone know that if a QB2 pops up for sale here and you are interested, it may be stolen goods. I had engraved a small SB (my initials) at the very bottom of the bender. If you see that, you know it was mine. PLEASE notify me if this pops up. I will be watching as well as watching the big auction site.

Thanks all.

That totally sucks. You might cross post in "Nothing Up My Sleeve", since QB is a coin effect as well as a mental effect.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2015, jaizon wrote:
What do you think a fair price is for a used stolen QB2?

Ohh..twenty years. No parole!

Doug
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, sbays wrote:

Thanks all.

Sbays,

I'm sorry to hear about this, as I like to think that people wouldn't do this kind of thing. However, as we both know, unfortunately some people do.

Maybe I can help, I've sent you a PM.

Magically,
John
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Quantum Bender 2 Stolen! (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL