The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Cody Fisher Comedy Book Test (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Has anyone used this in a Christian setting?
magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of magicman812
I bought this and thought it was hilarious. However, I personally would not feel comfortable doing this in a Christian setting. Just my two cents.

Andy
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2015, magicman812 wrote:
I bought this and thought it was hilarious. However, I personally would not feel comfortable doing this in a Christian setting. Just my two cents.

Andy

Why?
magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of magicman812
I don't want to give away too much because most of what you are buying is the routine/script. However, the funniest bit at the end involves some humor that is "bathroom" humor that I personally wouldn't feel comfortable using in a church setting (but it is really funny!!). It's not that is blue material, it's just that it might seem inappropriate at a church. I apologize if I am being too vague but as I said, I think the routine/script it what you are buying and I don't want to share too much. Hope that helps.

Andy
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Thank you!
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
591 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
Instead of the "funny" word in the script, try using the word "FAIL" Smile
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
brucewilcox
View Profile
Loyal user
Readers advised to disregard most of my
266 Posts

Profile of brucewilcox
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2015, Doug Peters wrote:
Instead of the "funny" word in the script, try using the word "FAIL" Smile

I've never used Cody's recommended word, but I've had good responses to the word "burp".
...in the Land of the Free, and the Home of the B'Wave.
MediocreMagician
View Profile
New user
Australia
35 Posts

Profile of MediocreMagician
I've heard some others give testimony of having great reactions in a church setting so it may just vary from congregation to congregation. If I were to perform this in front of my church, my greatest issue would be with the first part of the routine (One of the recommended books and the suggestion of what the word could be). I think the "funny" word in the latter part of the routine, while maybe a little childish, I wouldn't classify as dirty. With a few adjustments and modifications I think it could work extremely well! You just need to do a little research to find books that work well together and fit the method. The routine seems to be quite versatile that way so have fun making it your own and working it to suit your audience.
MagicMarcV
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of MagicMarcV
Anybody have suggestions on the books to use for the first two that would be funny as well in a church setting? I mostly perform in churches and I'm going to give it a try, but I agree with MediocreMagician that those are the keys books to keep appropriately funny. Any suggestions?
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
As with any audience, you should think it through to see if it can and will be effective for that setting. Christian or not.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
Hi guys - back after 3 months - was taking care of wife - she broke her femer - the LORD has Blessed us as she is healing quite well- and we both have a good attitude-- and She. sent me back to work-L-O-L( as sr. citz. need $$ for c-o-l-, as many of you may know!!) Work computor is the ONLY computor I have access to - Bless you all. Ralph and Anna (russo)Rousseau
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Quote:
On May 14, 2018, MagicMarcV wrote:
Anybody have suggestions on the books to use for the first two that would be funny as well in a church setting? I mostly perform in churches and I'm going to give it a try, but I agree with MediocreMagician that those are the keys books to keep appropriately funny. Any suggestions?

I would think that instead of using the dictionary, you could use the Bible. This allows you to still use numbers in one of the predictions. As far as the other two books, simply find two (perhaps) Christian themed books that will work in your routine. Or find a book that may represents a story, or theory that contradicts what the Bible tells us. You can even find two other books that will help illustrate a biblical principle you wish to convey to your audience.

You also don't have to use the full routine. You can shorten it to where you only use the joke book and a Bible. As someone else pointed out, the Comedy Book Test can be easily adapted to any book, or routine you can come up with.

Another person mentioned using the word, "FAIL" which I think is a great replacement for the suggested word. You can pretty much ask the same type of questions, and still get a good laugh from the audience with the volunteers answers.

It's only limited to your own imagination and creativeness.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
While I was out (3 months) careing for my wife as she heals(Gods Healing) from a broken femer- had an idea -like to share - many may remember my "Easter " routine using the 'die box' - had an idea- useing the 'square circle'- Open Cabnit as the tomb - Cylinder- (decorated as an Angel )- our Lord is put into the tomb (wrapped doll??) Angel comes(cylinder) our Lord is risen - appearing in a production box of some kind-decorated as "the World"- then using a BLUE Devils Hank(pardon the D name) returns to HEAVEN> Have Fun - Blessings Ralph
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Cody Fisher Comedy Book Test (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL