The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Down th H@tch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Down the H@tch, by Brynmore14, is making a big splash down in Spooky. See
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=14

Placing the spectator in the position of medium is a passion of Brynmore's and it shows through in DtH. What is not said in the official release announcement is that the technique is highly adaptable. The packet is clearly written and logically laid out. It is simply golden. You can't go wrong with this $15 investment.

Here is the official announcement:

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-......tch.html

From the dark imagination of Brynmore comes ‘Down the H@tch’.

This is a Psychometry routine in which the performer selects a volunteer,
helps them to enter into an altered state of consciousness, hands them an
antique key and asks them to use their intuition to begin describing the
place the key comes from.

After describing various features of the place they believe the key comes
from, the volunteer is asked to name the type of place this key comes from.
After they have answered this question, it is revealed that not only did
they correctly identify the place the key came from, but they have also been
eerily correct in describing the physical features and the emotional
atmosphere of the place. All of this is achieved using an antique key, a
volunteer and psychology.

There are no gimmicks or ‘tricks’.
Down the Hatch is the perfect lead in to Luna and Room Service, particularly
for those performers who understand the power of making a volunteer into the
mind reader or medium. The principles however can be adapted to suit a
multitude of different effects. You will never look at psychometry routines
the same way again!

Bonus Effect: The Veil of Annwn – A storytelling effect that culminates in
the performer demonstrating their ability to move beyond the barrier that
separates life and death. This is a unique effect that combines a pulse
stop, spirit bell and optional watch stop into a tale of bizarre cultic
practices. Mentalism meets Lovecraft.

"I truly enjoyed this. Seriously. This is my kind of thinking. I love it."
Paul Prater
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
I have found Bryn's "Down the Hatch" of use in several Bizarre routines. The "key" is a perfect way to get the sitter to go to the location and find what the key will unlock. In WS I used Voodini and Valentine methods to get the sitter comfortable and in the thought process. The addition of the key allows me to guide, steer, force, the sitter in to being the star of the routine. Add various methods of the Haunted Key after wards and yo have a real kicker.

Simple and direct. Well worth adding to your library and performance tool box.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Glad this is getting some serious attention, I saw this back in November and thought it was terrific, well done Bryn.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Thanks very much gentlemen.

This is more than a single effect, it is a methodology that can be adapted to become the perfect stand alone effect or to provide a lead in to any number of other effects. It can be played as mentalism or you can go darker should you wish. I have already received some emails from buyers sharing their ideas for making this material their own. I offer support to purchasers, I will undertake to provide assistance in making this effect your own. If you have an idea of what you want to do with this gimmick-less methodology, then I will help you with suggestions on making it work for you.

The important thing to know is that this allows you to hand an object to a spectator, and have them correctly describe the place it came from. You are then able to show they were correct, the reveal could be ephemera, drawing, written word or phase, photos or even video. The choice is yours.
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
This sounds pretty amazing? Sure fire or need outs? Honestly not looking for method just a honest question. Thanks!
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
O.k. that is a tough question, but I shall do my best to answer. I suppose theoretically it could fail, but I haven't had it occur. If you were worried about failure then there is no reason you couldn't use a back up just in case. But I doubt you will ever need it. Because of the structure of the routine, the volunteer wants to be right, so they are not going to set out to sabotage the routine like they would if the performer was the one claiming mystical powers. Also there is a contingency plan already built into to the routine for situations where they miss on the final question.

This effect and the thinking behind it uses only linguistics, so if you like wonder words type applications then you will be happy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Down th H@tch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL