The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of Brian Morgan
I don't know if this is the right forum but I have a series of discussions id like everyone's opinion on, I've been working on my own coin rotine,combinations of other routines ive seen and I would appreciate some help on the routine from time to time, a quick part of the routine is using a half and shell, I start out with the shell (half inside) in spellbound position, when I go to get the coin I drop the half into finger palm, using misdirection I transfer the coin to classic palm and then perform sankey's slick splits, to show two coins, then using a Troy Hoosier move, with the coins overlapped I go to grab the top coin(shell) and under cover slide the shell back over the half, I then perform a retention vanish and use a McBride aquitment to apparently show both hands empty, any opinions and ideas are welcomed
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
So you do Slick Splits with the gimmick? How would that work?

In my mind right now I see you either exposing the back side of it, or having the lovely tin sound when the coins are pulled apart.

Chris
Brian Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of Brian Morgan
I do this standing up so the gimmick is not revealed, but doing the slick splits; do you think the sound of a gimmick to coin is that much different than coin to coin? I know there is a little difference, but if you or the layperson doesn't know there is a gimmick, it shouldn't even come to the audience's minds. Do you have any other suggestions to use instead of slick splits?
Randy Sager
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Randy Sager
Quote:
On 2004-02-05 16:05, Brian Morgan wrote:
I do this standing up so the shell is not revealed, but doing the slick splits; do you think the sound of a shell to coin is that much different then coin to coin? I know there is a little difference, but if you or the layperson doesn't know there is a shell, it shouldn't even come to the audiences mind. Do you have any other suggestions to use instead of slick splits?

Unless you are using pure silver coins and a pure silver s**l the sound difference is a problem with pure silver the coins and gaff sound the same.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL