The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » ET Q+A by Robert 'RedDevil' Cosley (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Thanks to Bobby and Paolo for these kind words. For those that don't know, Bobby was a great help as I was constructing some of the handling.

I am very happy that so many people responded favorably to this routine. I wish I had ideas like this all the time. Being a wallet junkie, I recently purchased the Stealth Assassin (I love this thing) and am experimenting doing ET with biz cards. If anyone is interested, they can get this throug me or just go to Penguin.
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Many of you are aware of a charity called "Relay for Life," which is a community focus to whip the disease of cancer. I usually give some of my proceeds for any sale I do to some worthy cause, but I don't publicize it (though some of you know that). With that said, I want to offer my routine "ET Q&A" as way for you to purchase a routine I am very proud of, but at the same contribute to the cause of fighting cancer and supporting Relay for Life. I suspect folks in the USA know all about this great organization, but I suspect that all of us have been affected by this nasty disease.

To that end, I will donate 100% of every purchase of "ET" (out of $30) to Relay for Life until May 22. I will provide a report to all purchasers of the manuscript of the final totals (and to anyone else who is interested). My goal is to raise $750, so that would mean 25 of you would purchase this manuscript between now and 5/22/15. If you are interested in reviews on the routine, please visit http://ETQandA.blogspot.com

I mean exactly what I say...I will donate every penny of your purchase made between now and 5/22 to Relay for Life, and I hope in return you will get a piece of mentalism you will be proud to perform.

And of course, if you like the routine, I hope you will give it a shout-out on Café.
Scotty Walsh
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
207 Posts

Profile of Scotty Walsh
I received a donated copy of the ET Q and A as part of RedDevil's cancer awareness project and fundraiser. I reviewed it on the thread in Penny, and I feel it appropriate to add the review here, as well:

Obviously, I'm touched by the generosity of the project. And I'm honored to be one of the recipients of the generosity of several members of the Café. I had heard of RedDevil's approach to the Q and A, wherein the participants themselves provide an accurate reading for the querent. I thought it was a great idea, and wondered how he would go about it.

Well, the answer is contained in this manuscript. It is a robust, workable, repeatable, solution. This is one of those "social" or "conversational" mentalism pieces where the interactions and conversation are as important as the effect itself.

In my opinion, the Q and A scenario set up here is so powerful that it stand on its own as a fun parlor game. With the additional techniques employed, the game can be managed, in order to guide the participants to provide an insightful reading. On top of that, there is a strong finish delivered by the performer. But the structuring is such that this payoff builds off of the work of the spectators. The feeling of the climax is not so much "look at me" but "look at what we did!" This concept is extremely well structured.

I really value these sorts of conversational/social/game type approaches to mentalism. I often feel that certain approaches to mentalism in casual situations or among friends can violate the implied social contract of those situations. This approach navigates those waters nicely, since the techniques are employed in order to better facilitate the conversation, and empower others. This takes the heat off of the techniques and brings a credibility to the whole process.

Just the act of reading this manuscript took my thinking to a new level. I don't post reviews often, and I don't post them unless I mean them. Even for free stuff. But this one is a powerhouse for those that like to facilitate fun, interesting, provocative, or fascinating conversations, which allow the performer to shine by allowing the entire group to shine.

The ET process is inherently improvisational, which, to me, is a great thing. It opens the door wide for synchronicity, but the structure is so solid that the chance of failure is entirely eliminated. This approach to reading/Q and A makes me want to go get into small social situations! And that is really saying something!

I like this effect and the thinking behind it. The ET Q and A is a smart piece of work. I'd say it ranks up there with Bob Cassidy's "____/_____" and Annemann's "A ________ and the ______" yet it also brings something new to the table.

The manuscript states that this is not designed for a showpiece on stage. However, it seems to me, that with a little thought this could play quite well on stage.

Thanks again to all involved in this. It is a good project on so many different levels!

Sincerely,
Scotty
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Michael Murray just pitched in on the "Mentalism against Cancer" campaign!

Michael contacted me this morning to let me know he is donating free copies of his wonderful ATM, Tattle Tailed, Brave New World, and Springboard to anyone who purchases a copy of ET Q&A from me now until the end of the month!!!

Thus, for your purchase of $30.00, you will get ET Q&A AND all 4 routines from Michael Murray AND every single penny of the purchase price will be donated to Relay for Life/American Cancer Society!

In order to receive the five PDF's, just purchase from http://ETQandA.blogspot.com, and I will send you the five PDF's manually. You will receive some wonderful mentalism, and you will know your money went to a great cause...Smile

This is just another example of how generous members of this community truly are. Thank you, Michael Murray!
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Hi, all. I am having a Christmas sale for ET Q&A, and it is 50% off!

If you would like to read comments you can read this thread or visit the site in my signature link below. But don't order it through my website (it will charge you full price). If you are interested, order directly via PayPal for $15 to reddevilmentalism@gmail.com.

On New Year's, I am going to remove the ET Q&A website and allow Penguin and Lybrary to handle it from now on or full price. Happy Holidays!
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
The sale on ET ends on Thursday night. Thanks to all of you who picked this up, and I hope you are enjoying it...R
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I don't do qa but I love redevils work.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Super happy that RedDevil has now allowed me to add this wonderful routine to the MindFX product range. He constantly amazes me with his out of the box thinking and this is right up my street, plus he is a super lovely guy too!

https://www.mindfx.co.uk/products/et-q-a-by-reddevil-e-book

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Merry Christmas, everyone. I want to give out a free ebook as a gift to pay it forward...

I no longer market my mentalism ebooks through websites or other vendors: (TITE, Operation Gemini, ET Q&A, or 777), though people still reach out to me for PayPal purchases from time to time. (reddevilmentalism@g.m.a.i.l.c.o.m.)

With that said, I would like to give away one of each of my four ebooks as a Christmas gift to four people! I really enjoyed writing all of these books and perhaps there are those here who have arrived recently who have never heard of them. I owe a great debt of gratitude to people who have helped me over the years in some way: Bob Cassidy, Peter Turner, Michael Murray, Rasp, Pablo, Andrew Brown, Atlas, Madison Hagler, and many more who contributed to editing or concepts for the books.

So here's the deal to get a free e-book...Post to one of my ebook threads a list of 3 Café members who have helped you in some way in the past year and say thank you. That's it. On Christmas day, I will send a copy of one of my books to four of the posters (one book per poster) who took the time to say thank you.

Always pay it forward and Merry Christmas!
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2015, dmoses wrote:
I gotta say I was sceptical but I was wrong.
This is a worker, if that's not ***ing it with faint praise.

It takes a classic effect and adds a couple of elements to make something new and fresh.

If you can stand that I'm pretty sure you'll love and use this.

I haven't bought any of reddevil's other work, but based on this I will.

Congrats Robert.

dave

I know this may sound weird, but I receive emails from time to time from people who tell me they use my routines in my work. I received an email the other day on ET Q&A and he told me he used it all the time in his professional work. My question is, I would love for someone to send me a video of them performing this in the wild for me to use later. If anyone is doing this and is willing to share a vid, I would love to see it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » ET Q+A by Robert 'RedDevil' Cosley (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL