The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Is Shawn Farquhar the best magician at the moment? (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Tukaram
View Profile
Loyal user
Iloilo, Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
Guess I need to get out more... I have never heard of him. But I just watched some YouTube vids. He seems pretty cool. And I have seen him on Ellen before, but did not know his name.

...no I do not live under a rock... but I am solo practicing magician in a small town in the Philipppines ha ha. We don't get much magic here.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Tukaram,

I bet your magic is probably fresh and unique. I have seen a lot of magic, but I try really hard to create my own unique routines. I'm sure your audiences really enjoy the show.

KJ
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Got treated to Shawn's show tonight at Winter Carnival of Magic in Pigeon Forge, TN and loved it!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Jason Hutton
View Profile
New user
Atlantic City, NJ
36 Posts

Profile of Jason Hutton
He is a excellent magician. He, along with others inspire me to be the best I can be and hopefully, with enough practice, reach their level.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2015, Shawn Farquhar wrote:
I'm pretty confident to say Shawn Farquhar is not the best magician at the moment. All the magicians mlippo mentioned, Derren Brown, Mario Lopez, Dani DaOrtiz and Henry Evans are awesome magicians but I suspect they too would decline the title. I don't personally know Derren Brown, although we sat together at FISM for a week, but the others I am very proud to call friend and even brother. Here's my thoughts, yes I beat Dynamo in a magic contest, but that was one particular day in a life time of days. That day is gone and many more have passed since then... I've been on Ellen, but so have countless other magicians. I also fooled for Penn and Teller, but once again so did others. Here's what I'm trying to say... who cares who's the best magician at this moment, because by the time you finish reading my post, that moment is gone and another has begun. Let's all just try to be the best we can be at any given moment.

I'd also suggest Ken Webers book Maximum Entertainment and the Tarbell Course. I'd buy the physical books and not the .pdf (even if they are free). Why? Well you will only be able to afford one book at a time so you will read it, practice and then move on. If you get all the volumes at once you will flip through the books read a few tricks that look interesting and move on... missing many of the essay's and important information that will help you become the magician you wish to become. Don't rush the journey, start slow and learn how to learn. There's that old saying it's not the destination but the journey that counts...

Keep well and busy,

-shawn

p.s. My website contains every piece of magic I have ever released to the community, so if you don't see it there... it's not yet for sale.

Excellent post indeed Mr International President.

I would say instead of thinking who is the best, favorite is a better term in this case.

Shawn get great reaction when he performed in China tour last summer as I witnessed, plus his lecture in FISM Asia last November as well.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Back 76, I attended the big I.B.M. convention. (in Kansas City)

During one of the public evening show, the M.C. announced that the Worlds Best Magician was in the house.

When he asked the "person" to stand, on cue all the Magicians in the theater stood up.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Is Shawn Farquhar the best magician at the moment? (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL