The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Earning from the street (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Earning from the Street.
I'm on record as saying the vast majority of so-called 'Street Hypnosis' is actually Mesmeric !@#$%^&*()_+ or bad you tube PR. And it is. But then along comes a true Professional like Reg Blackwood who takes the concept and adds professionalism and properly edited and directed filming and you get the real deal that earns the art of hypnosis the public and media interest it should have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMDiI-UwfLA

And yes I am also aware of Peter Powers doing a similar show for Bravo but that was way back in 2004, before most of the so-called new street stuff happened, I think Reg's stuff is at least the equal of that.
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Thanks Jon.
You'd be surprised the amount of time, effort and forward thinking from an experienced production team that goes into filming and editing even just a short segment like this.
What appears to work really well when you're there often falls flat on screen.
It makes you realise why there isn't more hypnotism on television. There are so many other, easier options.
Episode 2 screens next Tuesday.
mfields
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of mfields
Please share the ep2 link when it's up. Ep1 is great!
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Production quality very good. As it happens, I worked for a short while with Peter Power's manager here in Ireland, - Power is still sought after over here.

Fair play to you though, it looks like a winner!
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Just goes to show Peter Powers was way ahead of the game and is responsible to a large degree for inspiring street hypnosis. And his "old" stuff still looks more modern well thought out than most doing it today. Hypnosis on TV doesn't really work. Imnot surprised it takes a lot of work and editing to get anything usable.And the public are used to seeing crap shows like the x factor with people who behave a lot more outrageous funnier with no hypnosis. ( although I think the worst ones must've hypnotized themselves into thinking they are great)Great to see Reg getting exposure though...

Over here I can't go out without tripping over a hypnotist its becoming so common place now. So many training courses around.

I believe Powers is also big now in that part of the world? At least I know he was doing well in Australia at one point a few years ago.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Yes, last I heard, he was still "going strong" in Oz.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Nekromant
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of Nekromant
Nice job Reg,

Fantastic stuff, the production is really good and Ep.2 the same quality, hilarious.
Kuzushi
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Kuzushi
Very nice. I like your style. Wouldn't mind seeing more.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Earning from the street (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL