The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Battery powered mic transmitter and receiver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Hi there saving up to get a microphone for my busking. I have a Roland street cube wich is perfect and works a treat. I have a mp3 player or my phone for music and at the moment use no microphone are a hand held on a cable and self fashioned gim-crack.

I want a hands free head set style mic. The requirements to meet is the transmitter and receiver need to be batter powered not special recharge cells.

I have looked at wireless mic on line but its all to much and I want to know what works on the street. so if you can tell me what your using that be great.

Any help would be great.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
tommeepickles
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
165 Posts

Profile of tommeepickles
AUDIO TECHNICA Freeway isn't bad, its pretty low power and sounds ok, the one things I would change is volume control more easily accessed on transmitter and the connector limits the mic to higher end mics.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I use the sennheiser camcorder combo which has 2 body packs: one as the receiver, one as the transmitter.
Both run on AA batteries.

To go with that, I use a cheap sennheiser headset (hypercardiod) to eliminate potential for feedback.

It's not cheap but it works great.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Cheers guys thank for the advice all is good. I think I probably go with Frank advice. A place I use to work at used the Sennheiser mic and they are great. Its a little more than I was thinking but to be honest I dint really know what I wanted or what I needed.

So I will start saving now and see how it goes. I can use what I have now till I can proper invest.

Any other options please chuck up.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
inhumaninferno
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of inhumaninferno
Is this what you are talking about, a Frank? http://en-us.sennheiser.com/lavalier-cli......112-p-g3
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Battery powered mic transmitter and receiver (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL