The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Alpha-deck by Luke Jermay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I saw these cards on Card-Shark's site but am surprised not to have found any comments about them, especially as these cards are by Luke Jermay.

Does anyone know about the cards and the routines given?
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
142 Posts

Profile of nlokers
I saw a video of it where they show a red backed deck, the magician shows that the deck is made of alphabet cards, mentioning that since there are 26 letters and 52 cards, there are 2 of each letter. The spectator then names the name "Paula", the magician then goes through and removes the letters P-A-U-L-A and then flips them face down to show that they all have blue backs.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Another brainwave ?? only this time with letters rather than suits and pips : Smile
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of King14
I wonder if you can show the deck to be red after the blue card reveal??
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2016, King14 wrote:
I wonder if you can show the deck to be red after the blue card reveal??

Yes, you do. A little audience management though.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
NotThatLarson
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of NotThatLarson
I may have to buy this one just for fun.
Uncle Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Japan
194 Posts

Profile of Uncle Joe
There's the alpha deck ( normal thickness) by Jermay and the Alphawave which are double decker thickness.
Both around the same price $30.00. I'd like to hear more.
What if someone gives you a name Annabella?
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
I didn't get this (yet), because if I were to design an effect with real powers I wouldn't perform like this.

If I could predict your word, I wouldn't get all the letters mixed up and put in a different coloured deck, I would predict it and reveal it in a more interesting way.
This does seem like a good solution to a bit of a problem, I just think ultimately there are better ways to do similar things.
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
It all depends on the "powers" you are thinking of
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
BeatStradivari
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of BeatStradivari
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2015, nlokers wrote:
I saw a video of it where they show a red backed deck, the magician shows that the deck is made of alphabet cards, mentioning that since there are 26 letters and 52 cards, there are 2 of each letter. The spectator then names the name "Paula", the magician then goes through and removes the letters P-A-U-L-A and then flips them face down to show that they all have blue backs.

I just saw the video you mentioned and I wonder how in the world you can show the 5 blue backs since there's only one red-backed A. I mean in real life, the video may be a deceit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Alpha-deck by Luke Jermay (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL