The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Helder Guimaraes TED Talk (Most Amazing Card Magic!!!) (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
clars
View Profile
Regular user
Folsom Ca
116 Posts

Profile of clars
Reflection's his book, is incredible. Red mirror is just as good. His stuff is hard to come by though.
Wordsworth
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
I've been after Reflections forever, but have never been able to find it. Red Mirror and Small Miracles are both great dvd's. His individual downloads with D&D are good, but some of the material (ie Nomad) is on the dvd's.
Maddies Ghost
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Maddies Ghost
Watching that video obsessively over and over I think the serial bill trick suffers from the too perfect theory! Knowing what happens with the "random cards" leads me to believe he had pre knowledge of the bill number.The card trick though is a thing of beauty.
magic11ryan
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of magic11ryan
It's 2022 and I still want to learn his 2nd part of the ted talk so badly..Please pm me if you know there is some resource/insight that I can look into..
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Same here lol.
Schlawiner
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Schlawiner
Isn't this just a multiple-out routine? I have some ideas how he did it, but I'm not sure if I would know a way to handle every possible card (but we also don't see this). So I guess the routine would be different if he had named a different card.
User101
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of User101
2023 anyone crack the routine?
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
I think I know how he did the effect with the dollar bill serial number (without a stooge). I didn't see a *** thing, but by a process of elimination, I think there is a possible explanation.
But this is a public forum, so not the place to say more!
User101
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of User101
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2023, Nikodemus wrote:
I think I know how he did the effect with the dollar bill serial number (without a stooge). I didn't see a *** thing, but by a process of elimination, I think there is a possible explanation.
But this is a public forum, so not the place to say more!

Id sell a kidney to know the notebook/card trick Smile. The card was in the book laid on the table before a card was created
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
????This one was funny! I would gave one away for free, I’m watching this routine for years and Stiller have no clue!
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
I would prefer not to know…
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
My guess is that it's a combination between a loading technique and an index.

He needs to load the little paper in the "correct" position.

We never get to see the cards (only two). The deck could be dealt both face up or face down.

In the selection process he says "my FIRST number was..." so in case the spec says a difficult number he can have a second option "and my SECOND number was...".

He can load a card in the book from an index.

That's my guess. AND this was an ideal scenario probably. Although we don't know if the video was edited - doesn't seem like, but it's an option...

Final Note: if your really like this effect, there is a related one by Joshua Jay. It's similar - kind of. It's an "any card at any page in a book". He explains it in a few places. I highly recommend you check it out.
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1947 Posts

Profile of Claudio
I'm pretty sure I've cracked the first half of the routine, i.e. dealing cards and showing a torn piece of paper at the correct position (no sleight of hand). (I'm still working on the notebook part and I'm assuming that the suit is forced.) Shall I start collecting half kidneys? Smile

PS: I found the clue in a classic of magic text.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Helder Guimaraes TED Talk (Most Amazing Card Magic!!!) (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL