The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Greg Rostami's iForce...where are the instructions? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Hello. all.

On Saturday, I purchased my new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Android) and yesterday (or the day before yesterday), I downloaded iForce.

During the installation, I briefly I recall seeing a screen that gave me options that were "easy", "medium" or "hard" to perform using iForce. I chose a medium one (with 8 choices) got into the screen, could not understand what I was supposed to do...so I backed out of the program with the intention of going back later to attack the installation. Now is "later on" and I'll be darned if I can find any instructions on this app. On my phone there is now a Dxxdle program icon and nothing else. (I don't want to be any more specific about this because I am not in "Secret Sessions". But those of you who have the App will know what I am getting at.)

In desperation, I also went back on to Google Play and tried to go to the iForce purchase/install pages to see if there was anything new on those pages that would now help me in the programming and/or performance instructions. I think that I did see something to the effect that there are online video performance and explanations...but I cannot find out how to access these videos nor can I find any .PDF files or any other place where I can learn how to set up and perform the various effects that are possible with iForce.

I'm sorry for being so dense when it comes to these new-fangled Smartphones and apps. (grin) Any help you would provide me in these regards would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Mike Sturgeon

P.S. I'm going on a trip to Seattle this Saturday and if I could get this working by that time, I'd reall appreciate it. BTW, is it possible to set up multiple scenarios (i.e., "Pick a number between 1 and 9", "Pick your favorite food", etc.) so that you can have more than one scenario at the ready and you can switch back and forth between already-setup scenarios?
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I'm not sure how it works on Android. But in iOS, after you went into the preset list. There's small "i" button on the right bottom corner. You can read the instruction there.

Quote:
On Mar 5, 2015, Turk wrote:

P.S. I'm going on a trip to Seattle this Saturday and if I could get this working by that time, I'd reall appreciate it. BTW, is it possible to set up multiple scenarios (i.e., "Pick a number between 1 and 9", "Pick your favorite food", etc.) so that you can have more than one scenario at the ready and you can switch back and forth between already-setup scenarios?

Yes, you can create multiple preset with iForce. The instruction will explain all the details.
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Profile of GordonTheHypnotist
It has been a while since I had my android version but I think it's a 2 finger swipe and then hitting your menu button.
Gullibility is an attractive quality in people
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Thanks for all help. I'll experiment with it today.

Eschew obfuscation.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Hi, GordonTheHypnotist

Well, I tried the 2 finger swipe and it opened up a "Preset" page, but clicking on any of the 7 options just brings me to the same Doddle screen (with the five color choices of black, yellow, green, red and blue). Clicking on the extreme-most icon (in the lower left corner) brings me to another screen entitled )File Operations" and this screen only has three options (Load, Save or Cancel). I just cannot seem to find any screen where I can setup any of the options I saw being demonstrated by Greg on the Internet/youtube.

Help!!! (grin) Thanks again for any hints and help on how to set up iForce. If necessary, please PM me.

Mike

P.S. What am I missing here? Is there a hidden page or URL link where something else should be downloaded (i.e., such as a .PDF instruction manual)? Is there a 2nd app on Google Play that should have been downloaded with Doodle that, together makes up the iForce app? I recognize that I am not a computer nerd or Android Apps guru, but...this impasse is very frustrating.

Eschew obfuscation.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Have you try pressing the phone menu button at the preset page? Maybe the settings menu is inside there.
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Turk my friend you are way over thinking things. Dantilian is correct as I stated above. You have to hit the menu button however I was unaware that the menu button on the galaxy note 4 was hard to I mplement on older apps. Older android phones have a hardware Menu button on the bottom left of the phone. I guess that the samsung galaxy note 4 has done away with such button. However with some research I have found how it works.

Here are the steps below.

Open iForce (doodle) > two finger swipe downward to bring up preset page > to the left of the main button on the SGN 4 is a "recent apps" button. If you press & hold that button it also acts as the menu button > so press and hold it for a few seconds and you should get a pop-up that says Add Preset on the left, Instructions in the center and Settings on the right.

It's not something that Greg could have ever possibly conceived. Samsung just decided to change the user interface of its phones. The majority of Android phones still have a very present menu button that looks like 3 lines stacked. Looks to me that Samsung just wanted to go a bit more streamline and make their phones resemble an iPhone.

I hope this helps and gets it working for you.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Danitan and Gordon,

Thanks for that info. I'm afraid that I never would have figured out how to access the necessary steps to get iForce up and running. I'm not blaming Greg...or Samsung. I just wanted to be able to (somehow) program and use Greg's wonderful program. Your above-provided info is very welcome news indeed. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

I just bought my Note 4 last week and I'm still trying to learn and explore all of its myriad of features. I now have figured out how to recharge the battery and to turn on the cell phone. I haven't even gotten to the phone's menu button yet...and never would have guessed that it applied to an app on the phone. (Talk about being out of touch with these new-fangled gadgets. Is techno-illiterate too strong a descriptive phrase?)

Thanks again for all the info.

Mike

P.S. Grodon, As instructed, I did NOT read your sign. (grin) Parenthetically, I'd ask "What's your sign"...but that would be sooo old-school 70's. (double grin)

Eschew obfuscation.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
No problem Mike. You can ask anytime or PM if you need. I'll try my best to help.

After you read the instruction, I know you'll love Greg's iForce more and more as I do. That's my intention to help.
Alden
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Alden
Hi all, like some other members have commented I downloaded IForce about 1 year ago, loved it played around with it but put it to one side. My problem is now I want to try it out in the real world but can@t remember how to get the instructions. I can 2 finger swipe to the preset modes but don't know where to get the instructions or the videos for the app. I'm using an android smartfone , HTC One. I have e mailed Greg but I reckon he's a very busy guy, , any help would be greatly appreciated,

Many Thanks ,
Aiden.
GordonTheHypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
Don't Read This Sign
495 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, Alden wrote:
Hi all, like some other members have commented I downloaded IForce about 1 year ago, loved it played around with it but put it to one side. My problem is now I want to try it out in the real world but can@t remember how to get the instructions. I can 2 finger swipe to the preset modes but don't know where to get the instructions or the videos for the app. I'm using an android smartfone , HTC One. I have e mailed Greg but I reckon he's a very busy guy, , any help would be greatly appreciated,

Many Thanks ,
Aiden.

This is a very similar problem to the one above. You need to change your "recent apps" button to an auxiliary menu button.

To do this follow these steps: http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-s-......222.html

Then while you are in iForce Two-Finger swipe to bring up presets and then tap or long hold "recent apps" button to bring up the menu. This should bring up an instructions set.
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Turk, I too have changed phones recently and had the same problem. Thanks Gordon for clearing this up for us all.
Alden
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Alden
Thanks Gordon, really appreciate the help, seems to work fine now, you're a star !

Aiden.
Jason Simonds
View Profile
Veteran user
Pensacola, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Jason Simonds
For Samsung Phones, hold down the "Recent Apps" and that will bring up the menu.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Greg Rostami's iForce...where are the instructions? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL