The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My new effect: SAGAN...available today only. You can do this through Skype! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I slapped myself when I found this out, and please forgive me if you feel this needs to go downstairs.

All you have to do in order to get this new effect is PM me with one number. That's it. One number. Using this number I will blow your mind.

If you are interested, go find a tape measure and pick any circle in your house. Measure the outside of the circle and send me the measurement.

Miraculously, I will tell you the diameter of the circle-shaped object!

This can even be performed on Skype, but I am getting too many requests. I have not put a price on this yet, but I have named it "Sagan."
www.reddevilmentalism.com
F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Is this for real ?? Smile
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
247 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
I hope it's butterscotch!!!
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Look I liked the idea of the catalyst in your ET QA (a great little touch and nice sequence you thought of) :

but I really thought this one about the circle: was a joke like saying: go measure any square in your home then come back to me and Ill tell you YOUR square has four sides Smile
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I just did this for a math teacher on Skype. When I told her the diameter (i actually used my "radii variation"), she just stared at me speechless and then we lost signal. Smile
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2015, PsiDroid wrote:
Look I liked the idea of the catalyst in your ET QA (a great little touch and nice sequence you thought of) :

but I really thought this one about the circle: was a joke like saying: go measure any square in your home then come back to me and Ill tell you YOUR square has four sides Smile

Thanks for the kind words, Psi. Just having a little Pi-Day fun...

Read "Contact" by Carl Sagan when I was a kid, which had a lot of math in it that was left out of the movie. Loved that book. If I remember rightly, the epilogue has a computer finding a pattern in the digits of Pi that codes what? A circle...
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Basic maths..you use the circumference to work out the radius using Pi, then multiply the answer by 2 to get the diameter.
or am I missing something magical about this 'effect'?
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2015, catweazle wrote:
Basic maths..you use the circumference to work out the radius using Pi, then multiply the answer by 2 to get the diameter.
or am I missing something magical about this 'effect'?

I think you are missing two things:
1. It is almost certainly a tongue-in-cheek post
2. The post was made on Pi day (March 14th)
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
hashtagmagic
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of hashtagmagic
Reddevil, you are a wise one, but I am even wiser. I know an even better way to accomplish this effect, using instant stooging. PM me if you're interested.
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Story of my life...Always one step behind...I am afraid I will have to take this off the market. An attorney named Archie Medes called and swore he would own my grandchildren if I released this.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Then I am safe and can release my "four sided square full postcognition" routine for just $1500:

yes you can do by phone, face to face; nothing to learn nor to memorize:

and I have the full endorsment of top names: people like Cassidy; Finley; Maven; Cavalli; Riggs; Osterlind; Knepper ALL said the same thing

MY ROUTINE SUCKS BIG TIME! Smile
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1315 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
That's a deal. Only $375 per side...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My new effect: SAGAN...available today only. You can do this through Skype! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL