The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sankey's "Change Under Pressure" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
Has anyone performed this effect? I'm trying to figure out what balloons to use. I bought a pack of sculpting balloons from a party store and they're impossible to blow up without a pump. That might be ok, but I'm not sure that's what Sankey had in mind. (Also, they didn't accommodate a coin very well.) And I'm not sure if certain colors or sizes are better for seeing the coin.

Anyone have experience with this?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
The directions say to use sculpting balloons. I can not blow these up with my mouth, but some guys that do balloon sculptures can.
I realize this is not what you probably wanted to hear, but unless you can get other balloons that will hold up to the insertion of the coin.., it may not be the best trick for you (or myself)

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I got to see Sankey Do this Live 25-30 years Ago at the 4 f. magic Con. And he blow the Balloon up my Mouth! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
Thanks to both of you for your replies. I think I'll get a pump and pre-inflate them so that perhaps I can blow them up by mouth during performance.
R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
Also from what I've read, inflating by mouth isn't really the safest thing in the world. Maybe I'll just use a pump all the time!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Yea When I used to do balloon's I would all ways use a pump! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
R2D2
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of R2D2
Smart man. I would've thought that the dangers were "overblown" until I read about all the potential bad consequences from just using your mouth instead of a pump. (A lot of people even say that you should wear safety googles if you're unless you're using a pump. )
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

No I just had One Of those Small pumps You can fit In your Back Pocket! it took 3 or 4 Pumps to inflate A balloon!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sankey's "Change Under Pressure" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL