The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » An Awesome (and cheap) Find (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
These boxes or units are made by the Plano Molding Company. They will be discontinuing these soon. These can sometimes be bought in their outlet store for around $23.00 and if anyone is interested in them, please email me and I can check their availability and send one out to you. They do make for a nice travel case and hold a lot of "stuff". They also carry a wide variety of tool/fishing boxes and case also. Once again, if there is something you are looking for in this line of product, please let me know and I would be happy to help you out.
SethL52
View Profile
New user
Arab, Alabama
56 Posts

Profile of SethL52
OK, I have to get one. Could someone please tell me where I can?
Catbacker
View Profile
Regular user
Manhattan, KS
145 Posts

Profile of Catbacker
I know this topic is a little old, but here is some info.

The website URL is: http://www.planomolding.com

Here is their other contact info:

Customer Care phone is (800) 226-9868
Phone
630-552-3111
Fax
630-552-8989
Address
431 E. South Street Plano Il. 60545-1601

The 826 is listed on their website, but there doesn't seem to be a method for buying direct. I would give them a call and ask where you could purchase one.

Heck, let them know how popular they are on the Magic Café and maybe they'll cut us all a deal.
"Of course, that's just my opinion... I could be wrong." Dennis Miller
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
This looks like an awesome little carrier! I'll have to look into them.

-Andini Smile
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Very intresting, I'll have to do some shopping. Thanks for the great idea.
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
I am pretty sure Lowes has them, and they are a little bit nicer. You will have to look around because they run out of them very quick.
Backroomboy
View Profile
Regular user
David
114 Posts

Profile of Backroomboy
Just for nostalgia, I like to go and pick up used suitcases from pawn shops. They have a feel and smell of something from yesteryear, and each suitcase carries the feel of going somewhere.

Plus...and don't get me wrong...I've always admired the "door-to-door" magic man, kind of like a Grass root appreciation.
lhughes
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
151 Posts

Profile of lhughes
Anyone seen anything like this in Canada?
Sleightly yours,
Lorne
Myndbender
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Myndbender
Wow, some of you carry a lot of props!
I only do closeup so this case is perfect for me.
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productL......=B101890

It's the Guardforce aluminum case. It comes with a block of tear apart foam and dividers so you can customize the interior to fit anything you need. I carry about 6 regular decks, 5 trick decks, (invisible, rising, etc.) cups and balls, fire gimmicks and fuel (well seperated of course!) a BUNCH of different spongeballs and a few other odds and ends.

It even has this hinged compartment in the lid so you can carry paperwork too. It serves my purpose very well!
If you perform magic,dont do it half baked.
It MUST be Well Done!
Jesse Dains
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Jesse Dains
If you live near an "ODD LOTS" store check there, I have seen the same type there.
...........Jesse
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Check Harbor Freight. They have similar tool boxes.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
Budget-wise, go the aluminum case at either Home Depot or Lowe's (you can find a link in this thread). At $25, the case is amazing, tough,and presentable.

However, rather than sticking a tripod mount onto it, a friend suggested having the case rest on piece of wood which I painted black, and into which I drilled 4 holes for the rubber feet to fit into.

It's stable, looks sharp, and the case doesn't have a tripod mount sticking out of it.

ATPG
------------

We could have been practicing!
dave s
View Profile
New user
new york
87 Posts

Profile of dave s
Everyone,

Thank you SOOOOOOOO much for your help, posting the products, websites, and stores where this stuff can be found. i was thinking of spending a LARGE chunk of cash on a 'magic carry case' and see that i can adapt some of this stuff for MUCH less. thanks again. oh yah, "ashkenazi the pretty good" HA HA HA HA HA that is too funny Smile Smile Smile
wcb39
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of wcb39
Flea markets and antique fairs are a great place to find inexpensive but great looking cases.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I'm always on the lookout for "magic" and "clowning" items at flea markets and yard sales. A little imagination goes a long long way.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
Great use for the case. I won mine in a Lowe's Father's Day sweepstakes a couple of years ago, never thought of its use as anything other than holding the tools I also won in the contest. I guess it's time to hunt around for another place to store the tools. Thanks for the post, it's a great help.
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » An Awesome (and cheap) Find (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL